Monday, June 26, 2006
Ryan is still the best :) He surprised me at RL Friday night, coming in for dinner in my section. It was really nice because the night was really dragging on and I really wanted to get out of there so I could see him. It was the next best thing- I got to see him a little but also got to keep earning money.
We went to Lake George yesterday, a very touristy town about 3 hours away. Ryan's family used to go up there every year when he was a kid. He's always telling me stories about it, so we went there so I could have a visual. We had lunch, walked around shops, went to a wax museum, and played two rounds of mini golf.
Next month we are taking a 3 day weekend to drive up to my future advisor's vacation house in Maine. It's way the heck up there and out on an island that requires a ferry, so it's going to be 11 hours of travel each way. Ugh. I am really excited about seeing the island and perhaps eating some super-fresh lobster, though. Plus it'll be my chance to discuss with my advisor what courses to take this fall.
It's really starting to set in that we're moving in less than 2 months. I'm soooo excited, for soooo many different reasons:
- I get to see my favorite boy and favorite kitty every day
- Chance to decorate/organize new apartment
- No more packing every weekend to take stuff to Ryan's place
- No more wasted time driving back and forth between our apartments
- No more annoyances from my current jobs
- More free time (compared to two jobs)
- Many possibilities for exploring our new area
- More entertainment options than Syracuse!
- Sense of "my life is going somewhere" with school
- Crush freshman pre-med hopes as intro bio TA (hehe, j/k)
We went to Lake George yesterday, a very touristy town about 3 hours away. Ryan's family used to go up there every year when he was a kid. He's always telling me stories about it, so we went there so I could have a visual. We had lunch, walked around shops, went to a wax museum, and played two rounds of mini golf.
Next month we are taking a 3 day weekend to drive up to my future advisor's vacation house in Maine. It's way the heck up there and out on an island that requires a ferry, so it's going to be 11 hours of travel each way. Ugh. I am really excited about seeing the island and perhaps eating some super-fresh lobster, though. Plus it'll be my chance to discuss with my advisor what courses to take this fall.
It's really starting to set in that we're moving in less than 2 months. I'm soooo excited, for soooo many different reasons:
- I get to see my favorite boy and favorite kitty every day
- Chance to decorate/organize new apartment
- No more packing every weekend to take stuff to Ryan's place
- No more wasted time driving back and forth between our apartments
- No more annoyances from my current jobs
- More free time (compared to two jobs)
- Many possibilities for exploring our new area
- More entertainment options than Syracuse!
- Sense of "my life is going somewhere" with school
- Crush freshman pre-med hopes as intro bio TA (hehe, j/k)