Monday, June 19, 2006
I'm here. I've actually written several posts recently but because of problems with my comments they failed to publish. So...no comments until my blog is off the Cornell server, which will probably be in the next two months, since I'll no longer be a member of the Cornell community. That means that my doors, heart, and mind are CLOSED, baby! What's Penn's creed? "Ben Franklin is the man"? Something like that, I'm sure. We move August 19th-20th.
Ryan and I have an apartment for next year :) It's a second story with a river view. The floor plan is up on Flickr. Speaking of Flickr, if you have an insatiable urge to comment on my blog I guess you could comment on Flickr, though you might have to sign up for an account or something. Or you could send me an email, although then the world wouldn't be able to see your witty ramblings.
Only 6 more weeks of work... crazy! I've actually started making good progress on that paper- I have a draft of my intro and methods sections, as well as a ton of figures. Later in the week I'll describe the figures and call it "results." Then I'll blab on about what the results could mean, and call it "discussion." Tack on an abstract and acknowledgements, hand it over to my boss, and have him tell me that it's a good start, but could use more of X, Y, and Z, which will take a long time to do. But if I have a first draft done by mid-July I will be pretty happy- he can get that back to me by the end of July and I can revise on my own time in early August.
What else? Kitten is still cute and crazy. Ryan is back from his conference. RL has been really slow lately, with the exception of fathers day, but it's still more money than sitting around.
I have an obsessive personality. While I used to obsess over boys, being in a stable relationship for so long has made that less of an issue. Now to fill the void I obsess about money. Not on purpose, but my inner self must express its obsessiveness somehow. Mmmmmoney.
Ryan and I have an apartment for next year :) It's a second story with a river view. The floor plan is up on Flickr. Speaking of Flickr, if you have an insatiable urge to comment on my blog I guess you could comment on Flickr, though you might have to sign up for an account or something. Or you could send me an email, although then the world wouldn't be able to see your witty ramblings.
Only 6 more weeks of work... crazy! I've actually started making good progress on that paper- I have a draft of my intro and methods sections, as well as a ton of figures. Later in the week I'll describe the figures and call it "results." Then I'll blab on about what the results could mean, and call it "discussion." Tack on an abstract and acknowledgements, hand it over to my boss, and have him tell me that it's a good start, but could use more of X, Y, and Z, which will take a long time to do. But if I have a first draft done by mid-July I will be pretty happy- he can get that back to me by the end of July and I can revise on my own time in early August.
What else? Kitten is still cute and crazy. Ryan is back from his conference. RL has been really slow lately, with the exception of fathers day, but it's still more money than sitting around.
I have an obsessive personality. While I used to obsess over boys, being in a stable relationship for so long has made that less of an issue. Now to fill the void I obsess about money. Not on purpose, but my inner self must express its obsessiveness somehow. Mmmmmoney.