Thursday, June 08, 2006
I wish I was able to have a laid-back and enjoyable summer, but as it is I'm just anxiously counting the days until I'm done with job #1. I'm all conflicted, though, because while I'm happy that I'm getting closer to being done, each day is one less day that I have to work on my paper. If I don't get at least a draft of the paper done by the end of July (which is very possible because of all the other stuff I have to get taken care of), then I'll have to work on it unpaid during August. I reeeaaly don't want to do that- August was supposed to be my fun, only-one-job month, and I like being paid for working.
Ryan's charity bike ride last last weekend. He finished 4th for his distance (25 miles), although it wasn't a race per se. We have a joint goal of biking around the lake together by the end of the summer- about 63 miles. We'll take plenty of stops and spend most of a day doing it, but I really need to find some time to get some rides in.
Ryan is starting his third year of his leadership/Masters program at work, and the last of his three annual conferences is next week. While he's in DC Sunday-Friday, I get to keep Jibblies at my place. Yay! I will miss Ryan, but having a kitty around is a big improvement over nothing.
Ryan's charity bike ride last last weekend. He finished 4th for his distance (25 miles), although it wasn't a race per se. We have a joint goal of biking around the lake together by the end of the summer- about 63 miles. We'll take plenty of stops and spend most of a day doing it, but I really need to find some time to get some rides in.
Ryan is starting his third year of his leadership/Masters program at work, and the last of his three annual conferences is next week. While he's in DC Sunday-Friday, I get to keep Jibblies at my place. Yay! I will miss Ryan, but having a kitty around is a big improvement over nothing.