Thursday, March 16, 2006
Tuesday and Wednesday we interviewed a guy who will potentially be replacing me at the field station this summer. He seems nice and qualified, and is going to get offered the job as long as his references are positive. He could still pass on the offer, but it's helping the idea sink in that I won't be here forever! If he does accept, he'd probably start in early to mid June, then we'd overlap for 2-3 weeks, then I'd be done! If I do finish up at the field station prior to August 1, then I'd just stay at Ryan's place and work at RL in the meantime.
Last night I cleaned house at RL, both literally and figuratively. Another server was impatient to leave work, so he paid me $10 to clean his 3 tables (a task that takes about 15 minutes). There were still people sitting at one of the tables, but he was so impatient that he said I could keep whatever tip they left. So there was another $5. Furthermore, my charm was on last night (one woman dining by herself left me $10, a guy dining alone left me $8.50), so all in all I took home $110. For a Wednesday night? Spectacular!
Last night I cleaned house at RL, both literally and figuratively. Another server was impatient to leave work, so he paid me $10 to clean his 3 tables (a task that takes about 15 minutes). There were still people sitting at one of the tables, but he was so impatient that he said I could keep whatever tip they left. So there was another $5. Furthermore, my charm was on last night (one woman dining by herself left me $10, a guy dining alone left me $8.50), so all in all I took home $110. For a Wednesday night? Spectacular!