<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I had a fairly exciting day yesterday. For one, a picture of me was on the front page of Syracuse's big newspaper. It's me tinkering in my lab, although it was totally staged to look more scientific than my work really is :P I will link to it once they post it- they usually delay the front page images by a week online. One of my RL coworkers spotted it and posted it near the employee schedules, so everyone commented on it and treated me like the VIP that I am. Ha.

The other exciting thing was one of my tables. It was two girls probably age 19 or 20, who were very sweet and chatty during their time there. When it came time to pay, one gave me her credit card. I ran it through the reader and it was denied. So I did what I was supposed to and let her know that it wasn't working- did she have another or maybe cash instead? She gave me another card, which I noticed had a different name on it and said "Member since '88." But I figured it could've been her mom's card or something, so I tried it as well. Denied again. I called over the manager, and she was going to take down the girl's name and address from her driver's license, except that the girl didn't match the license. Somewhere in there our wonderful manager called the cops, and they talked to the girls for about 30 minutes. Their "uncle" showed up and paid the bill- he gave me $80 to cover a $58 check, so the story ended well for me. They didn't arrest the girl because it "would've been too much paperwork" (lazy, anyone?) even though she has been arrested in the past for driving without a license.

So, as far as my days go, yesterday was pretty exciting, and in a good way.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?