<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 09, 2006

Sigh. I'll never achieve blog stardom updating only once a week. Rarely seems like there's anything interesting to post, though. For instance: my weekend. Friday night I worked, Saturday I worked 11:30-6:15, then had dinner with Ryan (basil-hazelnut chicken spirals) at his place and went to WalMart, followed by watching Simpsons on DVD. Sunday we went to the mall, where I bought nothing as usual, we watched The Adams Family on DVD, made and ate dinner (Shepherd's Pie), and did a puzzle that he got for Christmas. Woohoo, that's a lot of excitement there.

I did make $130 on Saturday, though, making it my third-highest shift in RL history. That's surprising because it was a lunch, when meals cost less and people drink less booze. I made up for it with my charming personality, though, and averaged 23% over 35 guests.

The reason I do so well percentage-wise is that guests can tell that I'm genuinely concerned about them. The reason for my concern isn't that they're going to tip me, either (although that's nice too). It's the part of my personality that wants to be accepted and liked. Even if I'm never going to see these people again, I want them to think well of me. The other servers, for the most part, don't really care other than to earn a good tip. On the days where I'm not in my groove, that's probably what most guests think about me too, but on the other days, like last Monday and the Saturday lunch, I'm can make the 25% tips flow like water.

Heh, I'm on a RL high right now. Just wait til I have a couple cheap, bitchy customers- then I'll be singing a different song.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?