<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 23, 2005

Woot! Break is just about here. I just have one more shift at RL tonight, then I have a whopping three days off. It's going to be pretty much the same schedule as last year: drive down tomorrow for Christmas eve dinner/presents at the paternal grandparents, Christmas day lunch at the maternal aunt & uncle's, then presents with the whole mother's side on the 26th. We'll probably drive back up Tuesday morning because I have to work dinner that night. I'm on the RL schedule for 5 shifts next week, so it won't be too much of a vacation, but there'll still be plenty of time off in there and I should make a ton of money.

Last night I set a new personal record for a single tip: $40. It was a group of seven that ordered a ton of stuff, however, so $40 was about 15%. Groups of eight or more are required to be split between at least two servers.

Know what I'm not looking forward to? Everyone in Ryan's family asking me about my family and how I must miss them and how it's really a shame I'm not with them for the holidays. I got a little last year, but it was easy to shake off as, "Oh, they can do without me for one year, and I'm really glad to be spending the holidays with Ryan." It's just not politically correct to say, "You haven't met my family. Trust me, I'm much happier here." My excuse this year is going to be, "Oh, Ryan and I are planning a week-long trip out there in the spring once the weather is better. It'll be much better for showing him around." Meh.

I am looking forward to presents, though! Yay, lappy!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?