Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Ryan and I are so close and honest with each other that it is impossible for us to keep secrets from each other. Christmas presents = secrets. So in vengeance of him guessing my awesome birthday present to him, I guessed his awesome Christmas present to me- a laptop! After I guessed he tried to pretend that I hadn't guessed correctly, but I can read him like an open book.
He had it shipped to his dad's house, so I won't get it until Christmas eve, but I do know that it's a Dell with the blue cover. He thought that telling me my present was blue would throw me off because most lappies (singular: lappy) are black or silver, but I'm too clever. I knew it was something expensive because he'd been lamenting how he needed to cut back on spending lately, but I knew that he'd actually gotten good deals on presents for the rest of the people on his list. Fortunately he got a good deal on mine, too, with the seasonal discounts and his L0ckheed discount, but it's still a big present. The biggest (ie most expensive) present I've ever receieved, in fact, unless you count the Scandinavia trip. Anyway, I feel a little bad that his presents aren't on the same order of magnitude, but his birthday present was pretty sweet, so it's okay I guess.
So I'm really looking forward to getting the lappy, even though I won't have internet at home. I need one for grad school, and now I can use the money that I would've spent on one for paying off more loans and perhaps some clothes. Of course a lavish present doesn't make me love Ryan any more because I already love him infinitely, but it's a good reminder to say that he's the best :)
Ok, so I can assume that everyone is gagging right now. Hmm, a good topic for gagging people? Hmm, still thinking.
Uh...
Here's a fish made of ice!

He had it shipped to his dad's house, so I won't get it until Christmas eve, but I do know that it's a Dell with the blue cover. He thought that telling me my present was blue would throw me off because most lappies (singular: lappy) are black or silver, but I'm too clever. I knew it was something expensive because he'd been lamenting how he needed to cut back on spending lately, but I knew that he'd actually gotten good deals on presents for the rest of the people on his list. Fortunately he got a good deal on mine, too, with the seasonal discounts and his L0ckheed discount, but it's still a big present. The biggest (ie most expensive) present I've ever receieved, in fact, unless you count the Scandinavia trip. Anyway, I feel a little bad that his presents aren't on the same order of magnitude, but his birthday present was pretty sweet, so it's okay I guess.
So I'm really looking forward to getting the lappy, even though I won't have internet at home. I need one for grad school, and now I can use the money that I would've spent on one for paying off more loans and perhaps some clothes. Of course a lavish present doesn't make me love Ryan any more because I already love him infinitely, but it's a good reminder to say that he's the best :)
Ok, so I can assume that everyone is gagging right now. Hmm, a good topic for gagging people? Hmm, still thinking.
Uh...
Here's a fish made of ice!
