Friday, December 09, 2005
New drama in my life! Nerd drama, that is. I mailed in my request for GRE scores to be sent to my schools about a month ago, and they're supposed to process them within 10 days. My schools don't have them, my credit card hasn't been billed, and I never got a confirmation in the mail. I called to try to ask someone about it and got put on hold for 20-30 minutes, after which I hung up and tried their email. . . still waiting to hear back. The Penn application and all supporting materials are due next Thursday :/ I emailed the Penn application coordinator to see if there was anything I could do to minimize the chances of this situation hurting my application.
Argh! I got my part of the application turned in a month early. It just worries me that all the school websites state that "it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials arrive on time." I didn't think I was cutting it close when they say 10 business days and I gave them a month. There is enough time before my other deadlines that Penn will be the only issue; unfortunately it's also my top choice! Ideally the coordinator is understanding and says that they'll make their decision based on the scores as I reported them, then just verify them once they get the official report. Pretty please, with sugar on top?
I took yesterday off work and did some Christmas shopping for Ryan. Still not done, but got most of it. I have to work RL tonight and tomorrow lunch, then in the evening there's a dinner and poker party with people from the station. Sunday we're going to get our Christmas tree.
Argh! I got my part of the application turned in a month early. It just worries me that all the school websites state that "it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials arrive on time." I didn't think I was cutting it close when they say 10 business days and I gave them a month. There is enough time before my other deadlines that Penn will be the only issue; unfortunately it's also my top choice! Ideally the coordinator is understanding and says that they'll make their decision based on the scores as I reported them, then just verify them once they get the official report. Pretty please, with sugar on top?
I took yesterday off work and did some Christmas shopping for Ryan. Still not done, but got most of it. I have to work RL tonight and tomorrow lunch, then in the evening there's a dinner and poker party with people from the station. Sunday we're going to get our Christmas tree.