Monday, December 05, 2005
Friday night at work was all right- there wasn't much business because of lotsa lake effect snow, but I got good tips all night except for one table (I carded a guy who ordered a beer, he was 20, I told him that I was sorry but couldn't sell it to him, and he left no tip!), including $21 off a $51 check. 41%. . . aww yeah!
The formal was pretty good, as was the afterparty. For once, I felt healthy, happy, and wanted to dance. Beforehand some of us got lotsa wingz :) Although I looked smokin' hot (see below), I was freezing cold, so for most of the dance I wore Liz's homemade red scarf. For party favors they handed out rubber duckies. I was quite impressed with the selection of alcoholic beverages on hand at the afterparty- there wasn't even a need to open the rum that Ryan brought. I had some red sparkling wine, a strawberry daquiri, a couple small cups of cranberry-orange-vodka slushy, and a screwdriver. A few of us played some poker, and it's a crying shame that it was just for chips and not real money because I totally cleaned house. For once I managed to stay awake til the end of the party, although it did end at 2:00, not extraordiarily late.
Yesterday I felt great when I woke up, but felt crummier as the day went on. Took a couple hour nap and watched Crocodile Dundee with Ryan. Work today has been so-so; I've still got a killer headache. Fortunately there's no more RL until tomorrow night.
The formal was pretty good, as was the afterparty. For once, I felt healthy, happy, and wanted to dance. Beforehand some of us got lotsa wingz :) Although I looked smokin' hot (see below), I was freezing cold, so for most of the dance I wore Liz's homemade red scarf. For party favors they handed out rubber duckies. I was quite impressed with the selection of alcoholic beverages on hand at the afterparty- there wasn't even a need to open the rum that Ryan brought. I had some red sparkling wine, a strawberry daquiri, a couple small cups of cranberry-orange-vodka slushy, and a screwdriver. A few of us played some poker, and it's a crying shame that it was just for chips and not real money because I totally cleaned house. For once I managed to stay awake til the end of the party, although it did end at 2:00, not extraordiarily late.
Yesterday I felt great when I woke up, but felt crummier as the day went on. Took a couple hour nap and watched Crocodile Dundee with Ryan. Work today has been so-so; I've still got a killer headache. Fortunately there's no more RL until tomorrow night.