<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Things are good. After finishing my NSF grant proposal on Monday night (come on, big money!) and two profitable weeknights at RL, I have tonight and tomorrow night off. That's a lot of free time nowadays. And I'm finally over my cold, which dragged on for almost a week. But now I'm good.

I'm always in the market for more blogs to read. Any suggestions of good, funny writers that update at least a couple times a week? Has to be pretty interesting if it's not someone I know. And I DON'T like political blogs, even ones whose opinions I agree with, so none of those, ok?

Here's a suggestion if you're looking for more reads: Kitty Can Scratch. It's Ryan's ex-girlfriend...that should give you more incentive to check it out :P She's an excellent writer and updates a lot. Plus her name is Kat. Ryan only dates tall girls name Kat/Cat who were raised Catholic. But Kat is still Catholic and likes pink a whola helluva lot more than I do! She's on a quest to become a household name, so I figured I'd help her out.

I'm gonna try and take pictures of something this weekend. Since I started at RL I haven't taken any pictures. If Ryan and I were to adopt a cat this weekend then I'd have something to take pictures of (hint, hint, dear). Of course I'm always talking about how I'd like a cat, but it's always just lighthearted banter. But last week Ryan said that someone was advertising a free gray tiger cat (he knows I like those best) in the L0ckheed employee newsletter. And it sounded like if I begged enough he'd go for it, but I didn't want to commit if we're going to be moving next year to an apartment/apartments that may or may not allow pets. But...it would be really nice, especially on a cold winter day to come home to a warm, purring kitty. I may bring up the conversation again tonight. Even if I don't get one this weekend, there's always Christmas or my birthday (or Valentine's, or Easter...) The mothering instinct that most women have has been transfered to cat-wanting in my case. (crazy cat lady! crazy cat lady!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?