Tuesday, November 22, 2005
My Penn and SB applications are finished and turned in; just one more app and I'll be done. Grad school apps are much easier than undergrad ones; other than listing factual information there's pretty much just the transcript, letters of recommendation, and personal statement. The personal statement is more specific than for undergrad, you can't just write about "a meaningful event" or any bullshit like that, but as evidenced by the suberb sentence structure of this here blog, my writing skills are paramount. When I gave my recommendation forms to my boss yesterday he seemed quite certain that I'd get in to all three. If so, I can keep up my no school rejections streak (ok, so Cornell was the only highly competitive undergrad school I applied to). But really I just need Penn and then Ryan, Jibblies, and I can happily move to Philly and enjoy a more interesting life than here Upstate.
I've been living on such a shoestring budget for the last year and a half that I'm pretty much used to it. We were at the mall last night and there wasn't anything that I really wanted. Well. . . it would be nice to have tons of cash to drop on clothes, home furnishings, DVDs, and Williams-Sonoma kitchen supplies, but I feel like if I can't have it all, then I don't want any. I guess most of all I want to get my loans paid off. I do wish that I had more fun experiences or trips recently, but I'm not feeling very materialistic.
I've been living on such a shoestring budget for the last year and a half that I'm pretty much used to it. We were at the mall last night and there wasn't anything that I really wanted. Well. . . it would be nice to have tons of cash to drop on clothes, home furnishings, DVDs, and Williams-Sonoma kitchen supplies, but I feel like if I can't have it all, then I don't want any. I guess most of all I want to get my loans paid off. I do wish that I had more fun experiences or trips recently, but I'm not feeling very materialistic.