<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The concert was awesome, although getting to and from it was a pain.

I. The concert was awesome.
I couldn't believe how cool the lighting effects were. There were these
gigantic curtains of lights that could display any sort of image or
special effect. There was a big oval catwalk for Bono to strut his stuff
and hawk his philanthropy on, and there were multicolored lights that
raced around the oval on pace with the music. It was all spinny, keeping
with the Vertigo theme. They played a decent amount of the old stuff,
which I like a lot better than the new stuff, but the lighting effects
were more elaborate on the new stuff, so I was entertained either way.
Ryan was really into it, which made me happy. But unlike most sane
people, who jump and dance and wave their arms when they're into a
concert, he sat hands folded, staring intently. Tall, dark, and
psychotic, I'm telling you.

II. Getting to and from it was a pain.
It rained sooooo much over the weekend. Our drive to his dad's house was
sketchy at parts due to standing water on the roadways. Then the train
ride into the city was an hour and forty minutes each way- I should've
brought a book. Then it was blowing rain sideways in the city and my
jeans were soaked by the time we got to the Garden. Eventually they dried
out, but got soaked again on the way back to the train station afterwards.
Another long train ride, then we finally got to sleep about 2:30. That's
waaaaaay late for us old folks.

Anyway, I'm still glad we went and I've secured my spot as world's best
girlfriend for another few months. Gotta start thinking about what to get
him for Christmas, though.

I took today off work to focus on grad school stuff- emailing potential
advisors and applying for a NSF grant. I sent out 7 emails this morning
and have heard back from two- one's lab was full but the other is
encouraging me to apply (UPenn). I really liked what the UPenn guy had to
say, so I'm definitely going to apply there.

Enough procrastinating on my grant essays :( Back to work!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?