<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Today and yesterday I've been a little manic. It's been good; I've been getting things done. Yesterday I went for a 15 mile bike ride after work, then quickly showered, had dinner, and went shopping for new job work clothes. I found a great pair of shoes that meets the uniform requirements for $25 and pants for $22. I'm still looking for the perfect white button-down shirt, though. I hate how see-through they all are. So tacky! I mean, I want good tips and all, but I want to do that by looking good/attractive, not sleazy. Yep, so "orientation" is Thursday- I'm assuming that myself and a couple other new hires will fill out paperwork, get the grand tour, and hear authority figures lecture us on the company's mission statement and goals. I don't know anything about my schedule yet, but hopefully that's waiting for me on Thursday.

From what the manager told me at my last interview, I could be making some serious dough. I'm not going to change my spending habits, though- just about every penny will be going toward paying off my highest rate student loan. I estimate I can do that in six months, then I'll save up a little money for the transition to grad school. And yeah, I'll still have lots of student loans, but at least they're at a fixed rate (I just consolidated the federal ones) . I'll at least be able to feel like I'm doing everything in my power to get on firmer financial footing, rather than sitting at home all winter watching reality TV.

Still pretty manic, so I think I'll go do laundry and clean my apartment. Au revoir!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?