<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 24, 2005

The two guys in my scuba class stopped coming, so it's just been me and the other girl. That makes class efficient and gives us more one-on-one time with the instructor. We've covered most of the basic skills in the pool. There are two more nights of class/pool, then our open water dives are going to be on July 9 and 10 up in the St. Lawrence. Then I'll be certified :) It would be great to do lots of diving on weekends and such to get more experience after I'm certified, but diving is such an expensive hobby :( I should set up a PayPal account so that people have to subscribe to read, with the profits going to fund gear like a wetsuit, BC, regulator, and tank. Plus there's the cost of getting air refills and having everything serviced annually. :'(

It's supposed to be super hot today- high of 93? Ryan's coming over to my house for dinner, then we're washing our cars, going for a swim, and canoeing. We just decided yesterday that we're going down to Ithaca tomorrow for PSP house beautification, dinner, and a party. Basically me and the service key people. . . you know who you are. I hope we go to Aladdin's. I've been having an Aladdin's craving. Fortunately there is an empty room at the PSP house for us to stay in, so no worries about sleeping in a room with a bunch of other people or about who's not going to drink so they can be the driver. Yay!

Then Sunday we're going to Rochester to see Batman on the IMAX. Ryan's already seen it in a normal theater, but I only want to see it once so this will be my first viewing. So it's gonna be a busy weekend.

Ryan kept noticing that his container of fish food kept falling over or being stuck behind a picture frame on the shelf. I thought he was mistaken, like maybe he fed the fish while he was still waking up and forgot to put it away properly. But then the other day he found it behind the picture frame in the morning, put it back in its normal spot, but when he got back from work it was on the floor behind the desk. He told me about it and we were both pretty weirded out, trying to figure out if someone was coming into his apartment or what. After 5-10 minutes of, "Uhhh, I dunno, that's so creepy!" he said, "The only other thing would be if there was a mouse." And I was like, "DUH! How come it took that long to figure it out?" Especially since Ryan then said, "It looks like the label is scratched up, like with claws or teeth or something." Durrr. The top has a pop-open spot that we've been leaving open. The mouse knows that the container is always there, so when no people are awake and around, it knocks the container over to spill some of the food out. Perfectly reasonable explanation. And here I was ready to start believing in ghosts or aliens that wanted to scare us out of the apartment by moving our fish food!

Work is going well. I have enough work to keep me busy but not usually enough to get me stressed out. It's still annoying when the phone keeps ringing off the hook or I get stuck doing gopher chores.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?