<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I can't in good conscience mutter under my breath words of disappointment that other people haven't updated in a while if I haven't myself.

My first scuba class was pretty boring. We filled out paperwork, listened to the instructor blab for a few minutes, then got fitted for equipment. Oh yeah, and took our swim test. There are three other people in my class- one chick in her 20's and two male firefighters in their 30's who want to get into rescue diving. I chatted with the "girl" a little and she seems nice, which is a good quality in a dive buddy. Next class is tomorrow night, and we're covering 2 units of quizzes and skills in the pool.

Friday morning (hopefully) Ryan and I are leaving for our camping trip, provided he's not too busy at work to take a vacation day. Regardless, I'm not going to work on Friday. We went to his mom's house on Sunday to borrow some of their camping gear, and as a surprise gift his mom had bought us a tent. However, it was a "sleeps 6-8" three-room mammoth of a tent. We were like, "uh, it's a little more than we need. . ." because it would be nice to go backpacking sometime even though this trip is just out of the car. She gave us the receipt to exchange it for a smaller one, and there was enough money left over to get a cooler, camp stove, propane, sleeping pads, firestarters, and beach towels. Oh yeah, and there's still a little money left over. The huge tent just seemed like something that a beer-guzzling middle-aged man and his obnoxious family would use (if they didn't have an enormous RV). I think she consciously or unconsciously bought the tent thinking that it would be filled with grandchildren down the road. Sorry! No children allowed! We'll take the 2 person tent.

Potluck is tonight again. Tater tots this week- I was too lazy to make something from scratch.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?