<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Zoom Zoom!

This has been a really good weekend so far. Friday night we ate dinner outside on a picnic table because the weather was nice, then saw Sahara, which was fairly entertaining, although not as good as Constantine.

Saturday was car shopping for Ryan. We went to the dealership, talked to the salesguy, he drove us around a little, then turned it over to us for a test drive. Since Ryan doesn't have much experience driving standard, he was focused on getting from point A to point B without stalling or putting it in the wrong gear. Since my Mustang was a standard, it's more second nature to me, though, so I could fully appreciate the awesomeness that is the drivetrain of the RX-8. I've never driven a brand new car or a true sports car before, so I don't have much basis for comparison, but I was thouroughly impressed. It's a nice feeling to know that there's always more power if you need it- in my Neon I'm usually worried about getting squashed by a semi when I'm merging onto the interstate. The Mazda is a 6 speed, which is neat too. It was so much fun!

After the test drive Ryan got the guy's business card and we left so he could think about it some more. We ate ice cream at a park, went back home, then Ryan suggested we go back and start talking pricing. All they had in stock were 2004's, since they need to sell those before they can order 2005's, so they were heavily discounted. Blah, blah, blah, negotiations, paperwork, bam! We're picking up the car on Friday, and Ryan got $5700 off the MSRP because it's last year's model. He didn't plan on buying it Saturday, but he knew that with the big discounts there was a decent chance someone else would buy the black one he wanted before he could come back. So yep, he's got his Batmobile on the way, and the Batman floormats that I gave him for Christmas will soon have a home. Oh, and Ryan's keeping the Kalcmobile (Jeep) as a winter car, since it would probably only have yielded a couple hundred dollars as a trade-in, and the salesguy laughed when Ryan asked how the RX-8 would be in the snow.

For dinner last night we barbequed steak kabobs on the grill behind the apartment building and ate outside again. Looks like today is going to be nice weather, too!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?