<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tee hee. . . I got at least one person with my April Fools post. There is no such thing as "extra money in the budget" in the ecology field. I made up the part about the seasonal employee. That extra money sure would be nice, though :(

Last night we went to a party of 10 or so of youngish Lockheed people. Surprisingly, I thought it was okay even though I didn't know anyone and Ryan knew four of them. We played a little poker (though for no money) and watched part of the UNC-Michigan State basketball game. I think I didn't hate the party because it was a good ratio of guests to floor space (so not too loud or crowded) and there were things to do other than make small talk. In fact, I didn't have to explain to anyone what my job is. At a work picnic of Ryan's last summer I explained my job to one guy and then he went on to give me a hard time about searching for swamp monsters in the lake and other ridiculous junk. I shouldn't judge people just by their behavior at a drinking party, but I'd say that Ryan is twice as smart as any of them and deserves a promotion :)

This afternoon a co-worker of mine is giving Ryan driving lessons on a manual shift. As long as Ryan figures it out reasonably well, we get to go car shopping next weekend :)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?