<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 12, 2005

No one likes my turtle. It's okay, turtle! Ryan and I love you enough to make up for the whole world's indifference. Hope you're having fun paddling around and no one is making you into soup!

I've put 6,000 miles on my car in the eight months I've had it, so it's time for my second oil change. That seems like more than I expected, since I don't have to drive to work, but it's all Ryan's fault. Since his ailing Kalcmobile can only drive a mile or two without going berserk (yes, that's how it's spelled - I had to look it up and it still looks funny), I always have to drive to his place rather than he driving to mine. I always drive when we're going places together, too, like running errands, Ithaca, and Po-town. But he chauffered me around before I had a car, so we're even...as long as I get to drive the Mazda he's getting! But he's not getting it until the snow is mostly gone, and unfortunately, it looks like that will be a while.

Ryan and his dad are going on their annual ski trip next weekend, and this time they're going to Whistler, BC. Their flight is leaving out of Albany, so Ryan is borrowing my car and leaving it at the airport. I don't at all mind him driving my car to Albany, it's just that I'll be carless for 4 days, including a weekend. The last time I spent a weekend without Ryan was last June, so at least it was summer and I could go for bike rides to keep myself occupied without a car. But now all there is to do is indoor things. I'm gonna have such cabin fever! But no, I'm not going to drop him off and pick him up in Albany- that's a lot of unnecessary miles on the car.

Apparently there's a St. Patrick's Day parade in Syracuse this weekend. We'll probably go because there's nothing better to do, but I don't have very high expectations. If it's anything like the Irish Festival we went to last summer, it'll just be noisy drunks and schoolgirls doing Riverdance-esque stuff.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?