<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

New background for a little while, to commemorate ice sampling today! Woohoo for getting out of the lab and into the field. There are more pictures on the pictures page...now that I've got my sugary-sweet camera, y'all are getting spoiled with plenty of new pictures :)

This was the first time I've 1) driven a snowmobile 2) ridden on the back of a sled being pulled by a snowmobile 3) been out on a frozen body of water bigger than a puddle 4) drilled though a hunk of something hard with a big-ass drill thingy (I believe the proper name is auger, I'm not 100% sure about the spelling). We had above-freezing temperatures and no wind, making the experience quite pleasant, except that it was warm enough that the snow on top of the ice started melting, making it very slushy on the way back to shore. The sled got stuck and we had to carry its contents fifty yards or so while walking through 6-8" of slush. Brrrr! But I'm nice and toasty warm now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?