<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My tax refund was conveniently direct-deposited in my bank account on Monday. Cha-ching! Well, in a couple weeks it will be sacrificed to the Chrysler Financial Gods, but for now my balance looks pleasantly plump.

Tonight is 1) a work party for someone who just got her PhD, and 2) The finale of my favorite reality show, Project Runway. Yep, I like it even better than The Apprentice. My main concerns with The Apprentice are: 1) The tasks usually have more to do with being a successful street vendor rather than an executive, and 2) There's too much time spent on the boardroom, at the expense of more time showing the task unfold. In Project Runway, designing clothes has everything to do with being a good fashion designer, and they spend plenty of time on the process rather than just the judging. Gooooo Kara! On the reality TV theme, I watched my first American Idol on Monday. It was interesting enough to watch the whole thing, but I don't get the whole obsession with it. Too many meloncholy ballads!

On the subject of depressing songs, I really don't like the selection of rock music these days. Everything new is about how miserable the singer is because of the drugs/broken home/girlfriend with issues. "Meow meow meow meow" just aren't lyrics that are compatible with those themes. It seems like I'll start off in a decent enough mood, but then I'll listen to the radio and get all angst-y. I like classic rock, but I've heard all those songs ad nauseum, so it'd be nice to hear new stuff. But not too cheery/saccharine, and I'm too young and hip to listen to adult contemporary (har har). What to do, what to do?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?