<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Work's been going pretty well so far this week, for once! Well, my boss did spill a little bit of fish guts on my desk Monday, but they got cleaned up and Tuesday was better. I'm working on the charts and graphs for the Lake Ontario report, the biggest report I'll have to do here. So it's been lots of ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+x, ctrl+d, and ctrl+r for me. My ctrl finger is hanging in there, though. In fact, I'm actually (gasp) enjoying this work. One reason is that anything to do besides counting samples under the microscope is a blessing. But in general, I like making tidy spreadsheets. I've learned so much about Excel since starting work- I've never owned a compy with Excel on it (I guess I still don't, but I use it a lot). Looking back, getting my thesis data organized would have been a lot easier if I'd known then what I do now, but what can ya do? At least I'll know for my next thesis, but that's a long way off.

I've had a lot of energy lately, wanting to dance around the house for no reason and such. That's a good thing :) Ryan and I have a joint resolution to go to the exercise room at his apartment complex twice a week. It's really a very sorry little room with 20-year-old equipment, and I think maybe one or two other people use it, but it's better than nothing, I guess. I'm soooo out of shape, but hopefully that will change. And going to work out will give us something to do when we're bored, which is most of the time, because upstate NY is a desolate wasteland in the winter and you can only watch so many movies.

Less than 1 month til our trip to St. Thomas!!! High temperatures there are in the low 80's this week...mmm. Although I've been very warm and comfycozy in bed this week because of the electric blanket I got for Christmas. I've never had one before, but it sure is wonderful considering my bedroom hovers around 63 degrees. It's been making it harder to get out of bed in the morning, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?