Monday, January 31, 2005
What I Did On My Weekend
by Cat Hoffman
by Cat Hoffman
I had a weekend over this past Friday-Sunday. As I later discovered, many of my coworkers also had a weekend. It seems that we're all pretty similar, my coworkers and I, both working here and having weekends at the same time and all. One theory as to why this may be the case is the sharing of food that occurs on the break room table. Since many of us partake in the identical nutritionally void snacks such as donuts, cookies, and chips, we may share the same vitamin and mineral deficiencies. These deficiencies build up slowly over time, until one day they overwhelm the entire workforce here at the station, and we leave the premises for multiple days at a time. During these respites, we nourish ourselves back to working condition. But I digress.
Back to my weekend. Friday night Ryan and I finalized our trip details. Saturday we went to the library so I could get a library card and some books to keep me occupied at home, as well as the art museum. We also rented "Napoleon Dynamite," which was super weird but pretty funny. Sunday I played lots of my favorite poultry diversion, and nearly doubled my highest score! I took a screen shot after I lost, but I'm too lazy to upload it and I'm sure you don't care anyway. We made prosciutto-wrapped shrimp for dinner- that was a new meal for us. I think if we'd followed the recipe more strictly it would've been better, but we made a lot of substitutions for the marinade. And we played pool.
Work is going fast today (I'm on my lunch break now), which is surprising due to the tropical bonanza in my near future. Last call for postcards!
Back to my weekend. Friday night Ryan and I finalized our trip details. Saturday we went to the library so I could get a library card and some books to keep me occupied at home, as well as the art museum. We also rented "Napoleon Dynamite," which was super weird but pretty funny. Sunday I played lots of my favorite poultry diversion, and nearly doubled my highest score! I took a screen shot after I lost, but I'm too lazy to upload it and I'm sure you don't care anyway. We made prosciutto-wrapped shrimp for dinner- that was a new meal for us. I think if we'd followed the recipe more strictly it would've been better, but we made a lot of substitutions for the marinade. And we played pool.
Work is going fast today (I'm on my lunch break now), which is surprising due to the tropical bonanza in my near future. Last call for postcards!