<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

To hopefully help you avoid having the most depressing day of your year, how about an entry with a bunch of pictures? Now that I've got the sweet camera, I need to start sharing the pictures from it!

Here are the cats that live at Ryan's mom's house. Mozart cracks me up when he sleeps on his back:


Ani is the one who once clawed me. Doesn't she look evil?


Over the weekend we saw the movie Sideways, and I thought it was really funny. Plus I felt smart knowing the nerdy wine lingo they were using. On Sunday we went cross-country skiing:


I had a decent time except that I've mildly sprained my ankle. It was a good workout, though, and the woods were really pretty from the big snowfall on Saturday.
I thought I'd show some pictures of where I work, since I spend such a good chunk of time there. So here's my upstairs desk, the one where I am typing at this very moment.



I've labeled things for your convenience. A: compy with oodles of data on it. B: File cabinet filled with crap I occasionally use. C: File cabinet filled with crap I never use. D: Drawers filled with crap I rarely use. E: Binders filled with data dating back to the 70's, a small amount of which is ever used. F: Binders that I use often. G: Prehistoric Apple laptops that were probably last used in 1988. H: "The sturge" screenshot that I use as my desktop. I: Coffee mug. (to the tune of Apprentice theme song) Coffee coffee coffee coffee... COFFEE! J: More old compys (compies?) that people are afraid to get rid of.


And here's my downstairs lab where I count all the plankton. A: The Cheat! Original artwork by Ryan for my 22nd birthday. B: My "diploma" from the Crustacean College of Seamonkey Knowledge. C: My comfy comfy chair. D: The microscope. E: The compy were all the plankton info goes. Alas, no internet downstairs, though. F: The phone, which I get stuck answering more often than I should. Today I've had to answer the phone 8 times so far since the secretary's gone...and it's only 10:15! G: Dead bugs in a glass case. H: The window, one of the few things about downstairs that is not dungeonlike. I: GPS unit. Fun for playing with on the lake. J: The stereo that I used to listen to Stern on. Sigh.

That's about it for now. Maybe more pictures tomorrow if you're good little boys and girls.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?