<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

Sigh. So this week has really been dragging on since Wednesday. I guess I just don’t like doing the same thing for more than a couple days in a row (moreso at work than in my personal life :P). Can’t wait til 4:00 rolls around.

Due to lack of good TV, I’ve been watching the Food Network a lot, mostly “30 Minute Meals.” It’s given me some good ideas- on Tuesday we had hazelnut-encrusted chicken and tonight we’re having a bacon-potato-broccoli frittata. I wish I had a big, stylish modern kitchen with lots of gadgets, double wall oven, nonstick pans that were actually nonstick, multiple decent-sized cutting boards, beautiful real dishes, and a well-stocked pantry. Just like on cooking shows, minus the camera. Sigh. At least I can play with the kitchen stuff Ryan got for Christmas- food processor and crock pot. We already used the crock pot last weekend because for some reason those with a Y chromosome are obsessed with pot roast, and we’re probably going to use it again tomorrow to make Dino BBQ-style pulled pork. I already told Ryan what he must get me for my birthday: all I want is filet mignon at home, just like that time in December.

After all that controversy, the local radio station dropped Howard Stern completely. You have no idea how boring this makes my mornings at work. No, I do not want to hear that Nickelback song for the seventeenth time in three hours!

Yesterday someone Googled “picture of a scruffy looking girl with brown hair and no fashion sense” and got my site. Well, I just had to try this for myself and fortunately this site was not among the top ten pages of hits. But really, if I fit this description, it’s all because I’m a starving ecologist. Ecologists don’t wake up in the morning and spend time putting on makeup or blow-drying their hair. Real ecologists don’t even have money for makeup or blow driers! On a related note, I haven’t had my hair cut since last February, but at the moment I’m liking it long. I also think that I have a moderate amount of fashion sense; I just can’t afford nice clothes. Furthermore, I have few places to wear nice clothes because no one wants to spill zooplankton on their $140 pants. On a positive money note, however, I should have my car paid off in a year. Of course then the extra money not going to car payments will be going toward student loans. Bah. At least there’s my sugar Ryan to buy me expensive steaks.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?