Thursday, January 13, 2005
I am boring this week. But I promised to update 2x/week, so here I am.
Work is slooooow. I can't wait for sampling season to roll around again. It's supposed to be that once each winter we go out onto the frozen lake with a snowmobile, drill through the ice, and do our sampling, but it's been a generally warm winter so far and the lake isn't frozen over. I hope it freezes soon. Today I'm leading our weekly research paper discussion section. Thrilling. I know the paper like the back of my hand, but I hope other people read it well enough and want to talk. It sucks leading a discussion section when no one is willing to discuss.
I really like the new Bravo reality show "Project Runway," where wannabe fashion designers compete by making a new outfit each week. It's so much fun to see what they come up with within a day or two.
Winter sucks. I have big-time cabin fever. And I wish I had more interesting things to write about. Poor, poor blog stalkers with nothing new to read about. Don't worry, I know just what it feels like. Maybe I should do something crazy and irrational tonight so that there's more blog material. Like...
Exactly 3 weeks til St. Thomas!
Work is slooooow. I can't wait for sampling season to roll around again. It's supposed to be that once each winter we go out onto the frozen lake with a snowmobile, drill through the ice, and do our sampling, but it's been a generally warm winter so far and the lake isn't frozen over. I hope it freezes soon. Today I'm leading our weekly research paper discussion section. Thrilling. I know the paper like the back of my hand, but I hope other people read it well enough and want to talk. It sucks leading a discussion section when no one is willing to discuss.
I really like the new Bravo reality show "Project Runway," where wannabe fashion designers compete by making a new outfit each week. It's so much fun to see what they come up with within a day or two.
Winter sucks. I have big-time cabin fever. And I wish I had more interesting things to write about. Poor, poor blog stalkers with nothing new to read about. Don't worry, I know just what it feels like. Maybe I should do something crazy and irrational tonight so that there's more blog material. Like...
- make dinner using eggs and milk from the Bridgeport dollar store (super sketchy!)
- hang out and shoot pool at the Bridgeport bar (perhaps even sketchier)
- chit-chat at the Bridgeport off-track betting place
- apply for a part-time job at the Bridgeport supermarket (nix the "super"- it doesn't deserve it) to earn some extra dough in my abundant free time
Exactly 3 weeks til St. Thomas!