<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Yawn. A few lunch break words.

Friday night was the office Christmas party. Having received no suggestions for a gift, I purchased a box of chocolates from the drugstore. At the exchange, I drew a low number (bad), but ended up with a glass pitcher, set of two beer glasses, and two bottles of Sam Adams. I don’t really drink beer, but I can use the glassware for other beverages, so it’s okay. I brought cornbread for the potluck aspect because people seemed to want a barbeque food theme. Fortunately I did not win the field station’s “ripped net award” for most damage accidentally done to field station property during the year (I didn’t mention dinging the boat propeller at a shallow spot on the lake back in September, did I? It wasn’t a huge problem, they just bent it back into shape and it was fine. I couldn’t see the shallow water buoy because it was foggy, but I was going extra slow because of the fog).

Saturday, Ryan and I took his car in to get his brakes fixed, did some gift wrapping, and rented a movie (Trains, Planes, and Automobiles). Sunday, amidst heavy snow, we had lunch at Wegmans and went to see Flight of the Phoenix, which was entertaining enough.

Ryan says funny things the second he wakes up but isn’t quite awake yet. Me: “What time is it?” R: “Sleeeeepytime.” Then later in the day he doesn’t remember the conversation. Another day it was: Me: “Turn off the alarm.” R: “It’s early.” Me: “Bye, I have to go.” R: “It’s early.”

Yesterday was fuckitty fuckwad cold. I haven’t used that expression before, but it was cold enough to require a new name for the degree of coldness. Ten below in the morning when I had to walk to work, warming to a balmy two degrees in the afternoon- the coldest day of my life so far. This morning it was two degrees, but now it’s up around 25. I never thought I’d consider 25 to be warm, but it’s much more tolerable than yesterday.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?