<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

Ooof. Saturday to Sunday trips to Ithaca sure do wear me out. Starting with Friday…

Friday night it snowed, and for a while the roads were really bad. Ryan and I were going to go out in my car to get some food, but I’d barely gotten onto the road before I was skidding all over. Hmph- in July the car salesman said my car would be good in the snow. We took his Jeep instead and saw about 4 accidents within a mile of his house. After an hour or so the roads had been salted and it wasn’t nearly as bad, but it really has me worried for this winter- being stuck in Bridgeport would be incredibly boring. It’s snowing quite hard right now, in fact, but I don’t have any plans to go anywhere today.

We picked up Jen and her boyfriend, Ka-wah, at 11ish and stayed up a little past midnight catching up. They are both first year med students at the U of Pittsburgh, so we were treated to raunchy cadaver stories and the like. The next morning we left for Ithaca at 10:30, arrived at the PSP house around 11:45, and hung out there for a bit before we (minus Ryan) went to lunch at Vietnam and then showed him around campus a little bit. Then we watched part of Final Destination back at the house, then picked up Mike and played some crappy pool at Noyes. Ryan met up with us there, then the five of us squished into my little car to go to dinner at Friendly’s. Well, I wasn’t squished at all in the driver’s seat, but those in the back were pretty cozy. It was a total role reversal from undergrad- me chauffeuring everyone else around. After dinner we got ready for the formal, then drove to the restaurant it was at, The Station. The atmosphere was really nice and the dessert was delicious. Again, Ryan and I only danced one song (and coincidentally, it was the same song as at the ball two weeks ago). We left a little past 11 and went back to the house to change. Eventually the afterparty got started, and Ryan and I stayed until 3:30. I was exhausted and slept like a rock, even on the floor.

Sunday morning about 12 of us had brunch at Dino’s (yummy western omelette) and then Ryan and I drove back up to Syracuse and napped for almost 3 hours. Dinner last night was turkey marsala, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies, in case you’re interested. And I found out that people from my high school are finally on The Facebook, since most of the Washington schools have been added recently. And now it’s the beginning of another long week of work.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?