Thursday, December 02, 2004
I guess I will start paying more attention to my grammar.
Tonight, Ryan and I will be dining on beef tenderloin with merlot shallot sauce, roasted new potatoes, and steamed snow peas. Yum. It’s nice to have something to look forward to in the very immediate future. The beef is also a new recipe that we’re trying out. While I enjoy cooking in general, new recipes really get me excited because there’s the possibility that it will be the greatest food I’ve ever tasted. Usually it’s not quite perfect, but still very good. Even when it’s mediocre, I still enjoy it because it’s the fruit (or vegetable, or meat…) of my labor. Only once have I ever been truly disappointed/revolted (amaretto shrimp mentioned on Feb. 26). I have a feeling tonight is going to be super tasty!
The way I’m looking forward to this meal, you’d think I was some sort of glutton. In actuality, I’ve actually lost quite a bit of weight since the summer started, and I have no idea why. I could see maybe some during the summer, when I had to go out sampling at work and Ryan and I did more active things on the weekends. Now that it’s gotten cold, though, all my time at work is sitting at a desk and the most active thing I do on the weekends is walk around the mall. Along with that, I haven’t exactly been eating like a bird. On Fridays, donut day at work, I usually have more than one, and, as Ryan could tell you, I consume crazy amounts of chocolate when I’m over at his house on the weekends. I’m truly mystified- just hope I don’t have any hidden medical problem or anything.
The PSP formal is this Saturday, and since I once again fit into my high school clothes, I’ll be wearing a dress that my mom made for me sophomore year of high school. My mom is like a pack rat when it comes to fabric (among other things), and she had a neat piece of fabric that looked blue from one angle, and gold from another angle. I think it was of the type you’d make a windbreaker out of- sorta “swishy,” but I wanted a formal dress made out of it. It turned out nicely, although the main color you see looking at it head-on is gold, whereas I’d prefer blue (of course). You’ll get a picture later, of course.
Jen and her date (insert cat-call whistle here) are flying up to Syracuse Friday night and spending the night at Ryan’s apartment before I drive them down on Saturday. I haven’t seen her since graduation, so it will be a nice treat. Maybe we can hit the buffet for lunch on Saturday : P
Ok, my break is just about over…back to work.
Tonight, Ryan and I will be dining on beef tenderloin with merlot shallot sauce, roasted new potatoes, and steamed snow peas. Yum. It’s nice to have something to look forward to in the very immediate future. The beef is also a new recipe that we’re trying out. While I enjoy cooking in general, new recipes really get me excited because there’s the possibility that it will be the greatest food I’ve ever tasted. Usually it’s not quite perfect, but still very good. Even when it’s mediocre, I still enjoy it because it’s the fruit (or vegetable, or meat…) of my labor. Only once have I ever been truly disappointed/revolted (amaretto shrimp mentioned on Feb. 26). I have a feeling tonight is going to be super tasty!
The way I’m looking forward to this meal, you’d think I was some sort of glutton. In actuality, I’ve actually lost quite a bit of weight since the summer started, and I have no idea why. I could see maybe some during the summer, when I had to go out sampling at work and Ryan and I did more active things on the weekends. Now that it’s gotten cold, though, all my time at work is sitting at a desk and the most active thing I do on the weekends is walk around the mall. Along with that, I haven’t exactly been eating like a bird. On Fridays, donut day at work, I usually have more than one, and, as Ryan could tell you, I consume crazy amounts of chocolate when I’m over at his house on the weekends. I’m truly mystified- just hope I don’t have any hidden medical problem or anything.
The PSP formal is this Saturday, and since I once again fit into my high school clothes, I’ll be wearing a dress that my mom made for me sophomore year of high school. My mom is like a pack rat when it comes to fabric (among other things), and she had a neat piece of fabric that looked blue from one angle, and gold from another angle. I think it was of the type you’d make a windbreaker out of- sorta “swishy,” but I wanted a formal dress made out of it. It turned out nicely, although the main color you see looking at it head-on is gold, whereas I’d prefer blue (of course). You’ll get a picture later, of course.
Jen and her date (insert cat-call whistle here) are flying up to Syracuse Friday night and spending the night at Ryan’s apartment before I drive them down on Saturday. I haven’t seen her since graduation, so it will be a nice treat. Maybe we can hit the buffet for lunch on Saturday : P
Ok, my break is just about over…back to work.