Saturday, November 13, 2004
Me and Ryan went down to Ithaca last night for the AIDS charity ball. I drove so that Ryan could relax a bit after a tough week of work. As I was heading toward the interstate on-ramp, I saw flashing lights behind me, and I pulled over so they could get by. But the cop stopped behind me instead! :-O He asked if I knew why I got pulled over, I said, "Umm, I guess I might have been speeding a little." Him: "Do you know what the speed limit is here?" "Uhh, I'm not sure...45?" "It's 40. Do you know how fast you were going?" "No." "52" "Uh oh." "Why you going so fast tonight?" "We're headed down to Ithaca and it's a long ways away." (I should have thought out something better while waiting for him to approach my car.) "That's not a very good excuse, you could just be caught further on down." But I got off with a warning. However, he did take down my license number, so I'm probably in the system and won't get any more warnings in the future. Hopefully that info is only county-wide. I usually drive somewhere between 5 and 10 over, like most people, but I guess it was just bad timing to drift a little above that speed then. I drove much more cautiously/paranoidly last night and today...a ticket would really suck because my insurance would go way up.
Anyway, the ball was pretty good. A decent number of people were there and they made about $1000 for the charity. I was proud of myself for convincing people to switch the raffle to a silent auction- they made $60-something dollars with the silent auction, whereas they definitely wouldn't have sold 60 $1 tickets. I only danced one song, a slow one, because most of the music was stuff I didn't like, but it was still good to hang out and see everyone. Afterwards I hung out at the PSP house until 1:45 am, then went to Shortstop with Ryan and Dan, then we watched cheesy old music videos until 3:45 am. I can't believe I was able to stay up that late. I've been having a very energetic and happy week for once.
warning: sappy paragraphs below
Today we had brunch at CTB with Will and Stephanie, then went to see The Incredibles before (cautiously) driving back to Syracuse. We went grocery shopping, relaxed at home, and made dinner: chicken marsala, couscous, and mixed veggies. I loooove the chicken marsala recipe we use... how could I not love any recipe with mushrooms and wine? The recipe is here, if you're interested :) I love cooking with Ryan...it's like having 4 hands, and I give him all the icky tasks, like cutting up the raw meat. And I just plain love Ryan, 'cause he's the best! Told you I was having a happy week :P
I'm getting really excited about the holidays. I'll be spending them with Ryan and his family, and it'll be wonderful to be with the guy I love during that time of year. I missed him soooooo much last winter break. And for once I'll have a use for mistletoe. Even though we won't be at his apartment for Christmas eve or day, I still want to get a small tree. I'm thinking white lights with mostly blue and silver ornaments, with a few in other colors for accents. And definitely a little picture frame ornament with a picture of us. Ahh can't wait to snuggle up and admire the pretty sparkly tree. "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." for once. Ooh, and cookie decorating, and a gingerbread house, and even a present from Ryan this year :P Happy, happy Cat.
Anyway, the ball was pretty good. A decent number of people were there and they made about $1000 for the charity. I was proud of myself for convincing people to switch the raffle to a silent auction- they made $60-something dollars with the silent auction, whereas they definitely wouldn't have sold 60 $1 tickets. I only danced one song, a slow one, because most of the music was stuff I didn't like, but it was still good to hang out and see everyone. Afterwards I hung out at the PSP house until 1:45 am, then went to Shortstop with Ryan and Dan, then we watched cheesy old music videos until 3:45 am. I can't believe I was able to stay up that late. I've been having a very energetic and happy week for once.
warning: sappy paragraphs below
Today we had brunch at CTB with Will and Stephanie, then went to see The Incredibles before (cautiously) driving back to Syracuse. We went grocery shopping, relaxed at home, and made dinner: chicken marsala, couscous, and mixed veggies. I loooove the chicken marsala recipe we use... how could I not love any recipe with mushrooms and wine? The recipe is here, if you're interested :) I love cooking with Ryan...it's like having 4 hands, and I give him all the icky tasks, like cutting up the raw meat. And I just plain love Ryan, 'cause he's the best! Told you I was having a happy week :P
I'm getting really excited about the holidays. I'll be spending them with Ryan and his family, and it'll be wonderful to be with the guy I love during that time of year. I missed him soooooo much last winter break. And for once I'll have a use for mistletoe. Even though we won't be at his apartment for Christmas eve or day, I still want to get a small tree. I'm thinking white lights with mostly blue and silver ornaments, with a few in other colors for accents. And definitely a little picture frame ornament with a picture of us. Ahh can't wait to snuggle up and admire the pretty sparkly tree. "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." for once. Ooh, and cookie decorating, and a gingerbread house, and even a present from Ryan this year :P Happy, happy Cat.