Monday, November 01, 2004
AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
I'm going nuts over tomorrow's election. After months and months of following it closely, I will be seriously upset if it doesn't turn out my way. But there's a good chance it will...even the bowtie-wearing dumbass on Crossfire predicts a Kerry win. I will be voting before work at 7:30 am because I just can't wait (and I want to wear an "I voted" sticker during the day). Then I'll be nervously watching the results come in at night.
I repeat, AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
In other news, there's a new front page pic from Halloween eve. I am the Chiquita banana lady, or, according to Strong Bad, "Carmen freakin Miranda!" All the fruit except for the yellow banana is real. Oh yeah, and I wore fake eyelashes for the first time. They look crazy long and glamourous, but talk about a pain to put on correctly. I ended up using way to much glue and it dried into big clumps, which make me pick at them all night. Following Strong Bad's example, I sewed the dress myself! I started by hand, but that was really slow, so me and Ryan stopped at his mom's house on our way to Ithaca and I used her sewing machine. We stayed a little while for his little brother's Halloween party, then went to the PSP house.
I was kinda disappointed at the party- the quality of costumes wasn't very high and there wasn't much craziness, mostly people just sitting around watching a movie or talking. But it turned out to be definitely worth a trip down because Ryan convinced Arjun to stop by and fixed him a drink. And another. And another. And one more, all in under an hour. He was definitely tipsy, a little drunk even, but he was laughing more than I'd seen him laugh in the past couple years. And spilling more too. Funny stuff. Me and Ryan stayed overnight on the couches at the house, then stopped at Wings for lunch before heading back to Syracuse.
I guess the other interesting thing with me is that me and Ryan are going to St. Thomas (Virgin Islands) for 4 nights in early February. The frequent flier miles I amassed during college covered the plane tickets. I can't wait to snorkel around the coral reefs and lie in the sun while Syracuse is covered under a blanket of snow. Only three months to go.
That's about it. Next time I write hopefully there's a new president on the way!
I'm going nuts over tomorrow's election. After months and months of following it closely, I will be seriously upset if it doesn't turn out my way. But there's a good chance it will...even the bowtie-wearing dumbass on Crossfire predicts a Kerry win. I will be voting before work at 7:30 am because I just can't wait (and I want to wear an "I voted" sticker during the day). Then I'll be nervously watching the results come in at night.
I repeat, AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
In other news, there's a new front page pic from Halloween eve. I am the Chiquita banana lady, or, according to Strong Bad, "Carmen freakin Miranda!" All the fruit except for the yellow banana is real. Oh yeah, and I wore fake eyelashes for the first time. They look crazy long and glamourous, but talk about a pain to put on correctly. I ended up using way to much glue and it dried into big clumps, which make me pick at them all night. Following Strong Bad's example, I sewed the dress myself! I started by hand, but that was really slow, so me and Ryan stopped at his mom's house on our way to Ithaca and I used her sewing machine. We stayed a little while for his little brother's Halloween party, then went to the PSP house.
I was kinda disappointed at the party- the quality of costumes wasn't very high and there wasn't much craziness, mostly people just sitting around watching a movie or talking. But it turned out to be definitely worth a trip down because Ryan convinced Arjun to stop by and fixed him a drink. And another. And another. And one more, all in under an hour. He was definitely tipsy, a little drunk even, but he was laughing more than I'd seen him laugh in the past couple years. And spilling more too. Funny stuff. Me and Ryan stayed overnight on the couches at the house, then stopped at Wings for lunch before heading back to Syracuse.
I guess the other interesting thing with me is that me and Ryan are going to St. Thomas (Virgin Islands) for 4 nights in early February. The frequent flier miles I amassed during college covered the plane tickets. I can't wait to snorkel around the coral reefs and lie in the sun while Syracuse is covered under a blanket of snow. Only three months to go.
That's about it. Next time I write hopefully there's a new president on the way!