<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Ugh. I've got a nasty cold and have been sleeping on and off for the past 28 hours. Last Monday and Tuesday I had a sore throat, which was merely an annoyance. Then on Wednesday I felt pretty much recovered. I woke up Thursday with a stuffy nose and sinus headache, though, which just got worse throughout the day.

The Lake Ontario trip was moved to Thursday night due to weather concerns, so going into it I felt pretty crappy, unable to breathe through my nose and with a lot of pressure in my head. We left the harbor at 3 pm, and for the first couple hours (during which I didn't have to do much) I felt okay. After it got dark, however, I started to get seasick. And that was exactly the time that I had the most work to do. I never actually threw up, but I felt Miserable (with a capital M) for the remaining 6 hours of the cruise. I only got half the work done that I was supposed to, but the people in charge saw how much I was suffering and volunteered to do the rest of my job once they got back to the station (at 4am!). I feel really badly that I couldn't help out anymore, but I also felt like I was on my deathbed. So for the last hour and a half I layed on a bed, writhing in agony.

Earlier in the week I'd planned on sleeping most of the day Friday but still going to work for a couple hours in the afternoon. But considering how miserable I was when I woke up, going in to work was out of the question. I layed on the couch and watched the presidential debate that I'd taped (yay Kerry!), then alternated sleep and TV for the rest of the day. Despite sleeping on and off all day, I also slept for 11 hours last night. My head feels a little less congested, but now there's a bit of a cough coming on. I don't think I would enjoy an overnight trip to Ithaca tonight for PSP stuff :( I hope I either start to feel better as the day goes on, or maybe I'll just go for part of the day on Sunday. Being sick sucks!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?