Monday, September 27, 2004
I haven't felt like writing much lately, dunno why. But I'm really bored, there's nothing good on TV, my computer is dead, and I've got a bit of a cold (mostly sore throat), so I probably shouldn't go anywhere and wear myself out.
Me and Ryan's 1 year anniversary was really nice. He gave me a dozen long stem roses and we went out to a casual dinner (fancy places make me nervous). But even sweeter was two days later. To make up for making me mad at him due to events of the night before (he said something the wrong way, and I blew it out of proportion, although he was being stubborn), he brought over food for dinner including two types of mushrooms (including morels!), even though he hates mushrooms. While there's definitely nothing wrong with roses, the mushroom dinner took more imagination (and sacrifice!).
I had to work about 10 hours on each of the last two Saturdays because a class from campus came up for a field trip and I got to help teach them stuff about zooplankton. The actual teaching was kinda fun the first couple times through, but in the two days I had to give the same spiel 12 times (ugh!), and they were really long days. I could have taken a day off during the week to compensate, but I'm going to take an extra paycheck instead. A whole day off with Ryan in work would be super boring. Like right now, with Ryan working on his Masters homework and me staying home to watch TV.
On Wednesday night I'll be pulling a near all-nighter of work: I'm assisting on a boat trip to Lake Ontario. We'll be collecting some nocturnal shrimp thingies, so we have to be out at night. I'm leaving Bridgeport at 3 pm and expect to get back at about 5 am! I'm excited to go out on a large research vessel, but really wondering how I'm going to survive staying up that late. If it were back in college I could, but nowadays I've been known to go to sleep as early as 9:30. . . on a Saturday night! I guess it'll be a lot of caffeine for me :/
Me and Ryan's 1 year anniversary was really nice. He gave me a dozen long stem roses and we went out to a casual dinner (fancy places make me nervous). But even sweeter was two days later. To make up for making me mad at him due to events of the night before (he said something the wrong way, and I blew it out of proportion, although he was being stubborn), he brought over food for dinner including two types of mushrooms (including morels!), even though he hates mushrooms. While there's definitely nothing wrong with roses, the mushroom dinner took more imagination (and sacrifice!).
I had to work about 10 hours on each of the last two Saturdays because a class from campus came up for a field trip and I got to help teach them stuff about zooplankton. The actual teaching was kinda fun the first couple times through, but in the two days I had to give the same spiel 12 times (ugh!), and they were really long days. I could have taken a day off during the week to compensate, but I'm going to take an extra paycheck instead. A whole day off with Ryan in work would be super boring. Like right now, with Ryan working on his Masters homework and me staying home to watch TV.
On Wednesday night I'll be pulling a near all-nighter of work: I'm assisting on a boat trip to Lake Ontario. We'll be collecting some nocturnal shrimp thingies, so we have to be out at night. I'm leaving Bridgeport at 3 pm and expect to get back at about 5 am! I'm excited to go out on a large research vessel, but really wondering how I'm going to survive staying up that late. If it were back in college I could, but nowadays I've been known to go to sleep as early as 9:30. . . on a Saturday night! I guess it'll be a lot of caffeine for me :/