Monday, August 23, 2004
I finally got my first web stats report after signing up months ago. Very interesting. The top 10 search queries were (with # of occurences):
of (8)
cat (5)
in (4)
pictures (4)
and (4)
site:cornell.edu (3)
2004 (3)
trogdor (3)
for (3)
what (3)
I also learned that the Dutch like me more than the Canadians, but at least they like me more than the Germans, Brits, Aussies, and the U.S. government.
Speaking of government, are you registered to vote? You should be. It's not so much of a concern to me if you're Dutch, Canadian, German, British, or Australian, but it's a big election year and you should vote.
In the presidential election, since that's most relevant to my geographically diverse audience, I will be casting my vote for John Kerry. He's no looker, but there are many excellent reasons why he is the most superior candidate. Today's reason: he supports the U.S. Constitution, most notably separation of church and state and freedom of speech, two things which I feel have been compromised during the last four years.
That's enough politics for now, but expect to see more reasons later.
So... how was my weekend? Okay, I guess. Went out to dinner with Ryan on Saturday to a Hibachi place but all the grillside spots were taken by people with reservations so we had to sit in a back room and get the same food. Still yummy, but it's not nearly so fun without the theatrics. Walked around at a park, played mini golf and pool, watched a bunch of old Simpsons episodes. (yay DVD's! boo DVD prices!)
Now another week at work. Woohoo.
of (8)
cat (5)
in (4)
pictures (4)
and (4)
site:cornell.edu (3)
2004 (3)
trogdor (3)
for (3)
what (3)
I also learned that the Dutch like me more than the Canadians, but at least they like me more than the Germans, Brits, Aussies, and the U.S. government.
Speaking of government, are you registered to vote? You should be. It's not so much of a concern to me if you're Dutch, Canadian, German, British, or Australian, but it's a big election year and you should vote.
In the presidential election, since that's most relevant to my geographically diverse audience, I will be casting my vote for John Kerry. He's no looker, but there are many excellent reasons why he is the most superior candidate. Today's reason: he supports the U.S. Constitution, most notably separation of church and state and freedom of speech, two things which I feel have been compromised during the last four years.
That's enough politics for now, but expect to see more reasons later.
So... how was my weekend? Okay, I guess. Went out to dinner with Ryan on Saturday to a Hibachi place but all the grillside spots were taken by people with reservations so we had to sit in a back room and get the same food. Still yummy, but it's not nearly so fun without the theatrics. Walked around at a park, played mini golf and pool, watched a bunch of old Simpsons episodes. (yay DVD's! boo DVD prices!)
Now another week at work. Woohoo.