<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I have to say that "real" jobs are awesome. (Real jobs are awesome! Real jobs are weird! Real jobs are awesome and real jobs are weird!) I get paid for 8 hours of work on Monday, even though it was my day off for the Fourth. It feels so naughty to be getting paid for time that I wasn't working, but it's completely legit. Woot!

What did I do with my 3 day weekend? Spent most of it at Ryan's place. We saw Spiderman 2 on Friday night. Saturday we did a lot of shopping for apartment stuff- exciting things such as dish soap, scissors, and a broom. On Sunday, the Fourth, was the traditional party at Ryan's mom's house. I didn't have very much fun there, though. Just wasn't in the mood to dress up like a cowboy and there were lots of shrieking kids that frazzled my nerves. Monday- Ryan's mom, aunt, brothers, and a cousin came up to the apartment and we all had brunch. Ryan also bought a TV, so we rented The Graduate (super weird- I thought that a so-called classic would make more sense) and also watched Batman (the first movie, with Michael Keaton).

An incredible thing happened Monday night, the likes of which may never happen again. Ryan was tired and didn't want to drive me home, so he lent me his car overnight so that I could bring it back after work the next day. Overnight. Driving it without him in the car. Don't hold your breath for that to happen again, folks.

Work has been a little annoying this week. We haven't been able to go out on the lake yet this week because the waves have been too high. I've still had to wake up early to check and see if the weather permits or not, though. But it hasn't, so I've had to stay indoors and count stuff under the microscope all day. By the end of the day yesterday my eyes were killing me. Today wasn't quite as bad on the eyes, but I was in a bad mood and it seemed like all the plankton were the hard-to-identify ones.

Every Wednesday night during the summer there is a work potluck. People usually bring pretty good stuff. I made couscous. Couscous is awesome! Couscous is weird! Couscous is awesome and couscous is weird!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?