Friday, May 28, 2004
Sooo...it's Friday and graduation is Sunday. I'm pretty much all packed, half my stuff is already stored in Homer, and my mom and brother are arriving here in less than an hour. Gaaaaah! The plan for the weekend is:
Friday:
check into dorm
tour the campus
see the lab
walk down Cascadilla gorge
dinner at Wings
Cornell night (me and possibly my brother)
Saturday:
Clinton Convocation
Bio Honors (where Ryan will meet some of my family for the first time :O and I'll finally find out what level of honors I get)
Drive up to Bridgeport so they can see where I'll be working
Dinner at Olive Garden in Syracuse
Champagne toast at Lucatelli's (no family)
Sunday
Bio Major Ceremony (before Commencement! waaaaay too early)
Procession > Commencement
Bio Reception (hopefully my diploma is in)
Pictures with PSP
Dinner at Logan Ridge winery (me, mom, brother, Ryan, Ryan's mom, dad, stepmom, brother)
Monday
family leaves in the morning
finish cleaning/last minute packing
drive to Homer & Poughkeepsie with Ryan
Tuesday
depart for Scandinavia!
2 nights in Copenhagen, Denmark
2 nights in Stockholm, Sweden
4 nights in Oslo, Norway
2 nights in Bergen, Norway
1 more night in Oslo
After the trip I'll be staying with Ryan in Po-town/Homer until I move in at the field station on June 20. Then I start work on the 21st. Hopefully buying a car in July. And then I'll be a bona fide grown-up!
Friday:
check into dorm
tour the campus
see the lab
walk down Cascadilla gorge
dinner at Wings
Cornell night (me and possibly my brother)
Saturday:
Clinton Convocation
Bio Honors (where Ryan will meet some of my family for the first time :O and I'll finally find out what level of honors I get)
Drive up to Bridgeport so they can see where I'll be working
Dinner at Olive Garden in Syracuse
Champagne toast at Lucatelli's (no family)
Sunday
Bio Major Ceremony (before Commencement! waaaaay too early)
Procession > Commencement
Bio Reception (hopefully my diploma is in)
Pictures with PSP
Dinner at Logan Ridge winery (me, mom, brother, Ryan, Ryan's mom, dad, stepmom, brother)
Monday
family leaves in the morning
finish cleaning/last minute packing
drive to Homer & Poughkeepsie with Ryan
Tuesday
depart for Scandinavia!
2 nights in Copenhagen, Denmark
2 nights in Stockholm, Sweden
4 nights in Oslo, Norway
2 nights in Bergen, Norway
1 more night in Oslo
After the trip I'll be staying with Ryan in Po-town/Homer until I move in at the field station on June 20. Then I start work on the 21st. Hopefully buying a car in July. And then I'll be a bona fide grown-up!