<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

PSP day was pretty decent. First thing up (other than my usual fish feeding) was the initiate awards presentation in Kennedy. I thought they did a great job recognizing people and summarizing the events of the semester. In my opinion, the Purple & Gold committee was a big success, and a good idea for other large initiate classes. Induction was afterwards, also in Kennedy. It wasn't held outside due to the threat of rain, but the auditorium was really a bad place to have the ceremony. There just wasn't enough room to move around, which made it longer to perform and the ridiculousness of trying to get everyone where they needed to be detracted from the solemnity of it all. I would have rather done it in the hallway, since no one was in the building and there would've been a lot more space.

We had from about 4-5 to get ready for dinner and the formal. I wore Liz's peach floral dress (pics as soon as someone sends me a digital one...oh Jen...) and was happy to be looking all springtimey, but then it turned out to be kinda cold and rainy. Dinner at Franco's was yummy. Soon after arriving at the Holiday Inn in Cortland, we had dessert- I had peanut butter cup pie. It was incredibly delicious, but really rich, and since I'd eaten a big dinner, it gave me a bit of a stomachache. Before the dancing started there were brother awards and senior recognitions. Every senior had a paragraph or so read about them by a brother who has some significance to them. Then we all got awards, most of them extremely silly. Ryan's award was: "Brother most resembling the Count from Sesame Street." Julie spoke about me, mostly about the behind the scenes stuff I've done, which was really nice. When I went up to get my award, they played "What's new, pussycat?" And my award? Something that attempted to combine my name with my responsible nature, but in a ridiculous manner. Nah, I don't really feel like sharing. Then there was a little bit of dancing.

The afterparty didn't really get going until midnight or so. I decided not to drink because of the stomachache and I was already super sleepy. The party was okay, but I got a little bored. Went home around 2.

Today: cleaned room, played worms, fed fish. No more responsibilities today :)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?