Saturday, May 08, 2004
I didn't have much fun on the slope this year. I don't much care for being herded around like a sheep. I didn't like any of the bands, the lines were a pain in the ass, and the food sucked. The music was too loud, making it hard to talk to people right next to you. I'm mad that I never got to enjoy a "real" slope day...freshman and sophomore years I didn't drink, then junior and senior they fenced it off. Grrr.
The PSP BBQ was up at the townhouses, and it turned out that there was no grill. So I took matters into my own hands and started cooking in Will's townhouse until a grill arrived 30 minutes later- burgers on the George Foreman, hot dogs boiled in a pot, and veggie burgers fried in a pan. It worked really well and could have actually fed everyone in decent time, except that since there was all that trouble to get the grill, they needed to use it. Cooking improved my mood a good amount- it gave me something to do since I didn't really feel like socializing, given my crappy mood since Slope Day was a big disappointment to me.
After the BBQ a few of us went to see Van Helsing. It was a pretty bad movie, but at least we could laugh at some parts since they were just that bad.
Tomorrow are the PSP ceremonies and formal. Woot.
The PSP BBQ was up at the townhouses, and it turned out that there was no grill. So I took matters into my own hands and started cooking in Will's townhouse until a grill arrived 30 minutes later- burgers on the George Foreman, hot dogs boiled in a pot, and veggie burgers fried in a pan. It worked really well and could have actually fed everyone in decent time, except that since there was all that trouble to get the grill, they needed to use it. Cooking improved my mood a good amount- it gave me something to do since I didn't really feel like socializing, given my crappy mood since Slope Day was a big disappointment to me.
After the BBQ a few of us went to see Van Helsing. It was a pretty bad movie, but at least we could laugh at some parts since they were just that bad.
Tomorrow are the PSP ceremonies and formal. Woot.