Wednesday, May 26, 2004
I didn't have much fun at casino night :( But after that the week has been pretty good. Yesterday there was mucho drinking. Me, Ryan, Dan, and Rob all went on a winery tour...3 wineries, 27 tastings (24 wine, 3 beer). And that was all before 3 pm. We got a free glass from Hazlitt and a free bottle of wine from Wagner. Logan Ridge's wine was pretty crappy, and they didn't give us anything...and that's the place where my and Ryan's families are having dinner on graduation night...hopefully the food is better than the wine. Still yesterday, starting at 9 pm, Me, Ryan, Dan, and Liz went to all the bars in Collegetown and had a drink at each (8!). That was a lot of drinks, but since it was spaced out over 4 hours, I didn't have any problems. Let's see if I can remember what I had, and the order in which we went...
Ruloff's: Seabreeze
Johnny O's: Gin & Tonic (were gonna do B-52's there, but they didn't have Kahlua. Super Sketchy!)
Stella's: Stella's Sling
Palms: B-52 shot
Bear Lodge: Julian
Dino's: Woodchuck cider
Dunbar's: Whiskey Sour
Chapter House: White Russian
I'm surprised at how well my body handled all that. Go me! And I wasn't even hungover today. What's my secret? Water!
Today, I had lunch with Christ and Rachel, then hiked up Buttermilk Falls. After we had walked back down, I waded in the stream to take a picture of the falls with Rachel and Christ in the background, when I spotted a (cue Fucillo voice) HUUUUGE fish up against the wall in water much too shallow for it. At first we thought it was dead because it wasn't moving, but then we figured it was just resting from the struggle of trying to swim up the current into the big pool at the bottom of the falls. So Christ actually tried to pick it up, but it started wriggling and flew out of her hands back into the small pool downstream. So now it actually has farther to swim. But it should be happy...a guy was fishing in the big pool.
After that I went to the lab to train one of my successors, then picked up my cap & gown. It's too bad that the Ag school has pale yellow tassels. If they were darker yellow I could at least claim that it's gold, but no, it's the color of corn.
Ruloff's: Seabreeze
Johnny O's: Gin & Tonic (were gonna do B-52's there, but they didn't have Kahlua. Super Sketchy!)
Stella's: Stella's Sling
Palms: B-52 shot
Bear Lodge: Julian
Dino's: Woodchuck cider
Dunbar's: Whiskey Sour
Chapter House: White Russian
I'm surprised at how well my body handled all that. Go me! And I wasn't even hungover today. What's my secret? Water!
Today, I had lunch with Christ and Rachel, then hiked up Buttermilk Falls. After we had walked back down, I waded in the stream to take a picture of the falls with Rachel and Christ in the background, when I spotted a (cue Fucillo voice) HUUUUGE fish up against the wall in water much too shallow for it. At first we thought it was dead because it wasn't moving, but then we figured it was just resting from the struggle of trying to swim up the current into the big pool at the bottom of the falls. So Christ actually tried to pick it up, but it started wriggling and flew out of her hands back into the small pool downstream. So now it actually has farther to swim. But it should be happy...a guy was fishing in the big pool.
After that I went to the lab to train one of my successors, then picked up my cap & gown. It's too bad that the Ag school has pale yellow tassels. If they were darker yellow I could at least claim that it's gold, but no, it's the color of corn.