Tuesday, February 24, 2004
I have a confession to make. I'm really into Average Joe Hawaii. I saw the first two episodes while I was home over break, then missed the middle part of the series, but I saw the last two. And the last one is next week!!! She's gonna pick Brian- I just know it. Yay Brian! Brian with the "bahx around his haht" ("box around his heart" in Boston-speak).
After all my job perusing and complaining about how there's nothing good for me, I'm finally applying for one. It's just a summer research assistant thing, June-September 3, but if I get it it'll buy me more time for finding something for the rest of the year. I'd be working in the forest at night tracking bats, which sounds pretty awesome. The point of next year is to get some more field experience and explore animal behavior a bit more, since I think that's the direction my interests are going in. Yeah, those damn interests have a mind of their own. Why can't they just make up their mind? The bat job is also hiring 3 people, so my chances are better. Thing is, it's in Oregon. That's both a good and bad thing. I've been to Oregon, and I like it there, but everyone I'm close to is now in the Northeast. It's just for the summer, though, so I'd deal with it. My ideal location would be New England- I like the Northeast but New York has gotten a little old. Ack, gonna be late for class! Bye!
After all my job perusing and complaining about how there's nothing good for me, I'm finally applying for one. It's just a summer research assistant thing, June-September 3, but if I get it it'll buy me more time for finding something for the rest of the year. I'd be working in the forest at night tracking bats, which sounds pretty awesome. The point of next year is to get some more field experience and explore animal behavior a bit more, since I think that's the direction my interests are going in. Yeah, those damn interests have a mind of their own. Why can't they just make up their mind? The bat job is also hiring 3 people, so my chances are better. Thing is, it's in Oregon. That's both a good and bad thing. I've been to Oregon, and I like it there, but everyone I'm close to is now in the Northeast. It's just for the summer, though, so I'd deal with it. My ideal location would be New England- I like the Northeast but New York has gotten a little old. Ack, gonna be late for class! Bye!