Sunday, February 15, 2004
Almost another whole week. I don't feel like going through the events of every day, though, so you just get the highlights.
Tuesday, baked Tones a birthday cake while he was in his room right next to the kitchen, but he didn't figure it out. Surprised him with it at the PSP info session in RPU. On Wednesday me and Ryan went out to Wings for the weekday lunch buffet. Very tasty and nice to try a couple new flavors (golden BBQ and lemon pepper), but I ate too much and was uncomfortably full. Came home, discovered that I got an IM virus (booo), then went to Wines, where we sampled 7 from California. Another info session that night (WSH), then dinner with Ryan at Ruloffs.
You know what? I use the word Ryan often enough that 1) you're probably all sick of hearing it, and 2) it takes valuable time to type. So from now on he's just R. That also sounds a bit more mysterious and exciting.
Friday afternoon I hit the liquor store and Weggies with Liz. I bought 4 (!) bottles of wine: 2 pinot noir (liked the one we sampled in class), 1 cabernet, and 1 German Riesling (goooood stuff). Went to the hockey game vs. Princeton, where I finally got to jingle my keys (we won 6-1). Then went to Susan's for weird movie night, where we watched Pi. Decent, and definitely weird.
Saturday was V-day. I have definitely been super-cynical about the holiday in the past (sad when you volunteer to work a dinner shift at Jansens because you have no plans), so this year I wanted to enjoy it but not forget my roots :P R and I made scrambled eggs and waffles for lunch (you can't call it brunch if it's at 1:30 pm, can you?). Went to the mall for a bit (aww, bunnies are so cute), then came home, showered, and cooked dinner while R waited at his place, kept in the dark about what I was making. I made chicken broccoli alfredo and caramelized carrots. Neither is a particularly hard dish, but it was a little challenging cooking 5 things (pasta, chicken, broccoli, sauce, carrots) on 4 burners and having everything finish cooking at approximately the same time. But, with a little help from Liz on the carrots, it worked out marvelously well. I took the food and my bottle of Riesling down to R's apartment, where I found a single red rose, 3 varieties of chocolates, and a Bailey's gift box that comes with two Bailey's glasses :) Happy Cat :) The food and wine were good, and things were right with the world. Went back to my place to get ready for the play we went to at the Kitchen Theatre- a one-man Macbeth. The guy alternated between the original speeches and funny little side commentary. It was pretty good. R and I finished the evening by splitting one of my bottles of Pinot Noir. I don't know what it is, but I feel like my tolerance has gone down recently. I've just been generally tired a lot, too. Sleepy kitty. But it was a very good day. I think my favorite part was dinner- the yummy food and wine and being surprised with the gifts, especially the fitting Bailey's.
Today: PSP meetings, lab, dinner at Applebees with R. Later tonight: vanilla ice cream with Bailey's. mmmm...
Tuesday, baked Tones a birthday cake while he was in his room right next to the kitchen, but he didn't figure it out. Surprised him with it at the PSP info session in RPU. On Wednesday me and Ryan went out to Wings for the weekday lunch buffet. Very tasty and nice to try a couple new flavors (golden BBQ and lemon pepper), but I ate too much and was uncomfortably full. Came home, discovered that I got an IM virus (booo), then went to Wines, where we sampled 7 from California. Another info session that night (WSH), then dinner with Ryan at Ruloffs.
You know what? I use the word Ryan often enough that 1) you're probably all sick of hearing it, and 2) it takes valuable time to type. So from now on he's just R. That also sounds a bit more mysterious and exciting.
Friday afternoon I hit the liquor store and Weggies with Liz. I bought 4 (!) bottles of wine: 2 pinot noir (liked the one we sampled in class), 1 cabernet, and 1 German Riesling (goooood stuff). Went to the hockey game vs. Princeton, where I finally got to jingle my keys (we won 6-1). Then went to Susan's for weird movie night, where we watched Pi. Decent, and definitely weird.
Saturday was V-day. I have definitely been super-cynical about the holiday in the past (sad when you volunteer to work a dinner shift at Jansens because you have no plans), so this year I wanted to enjoy it but not forget my roots :P R and I made scrambled eggs and waffles for lunch (you can't call it brunch if it's at 1:30 pm, can you?). Went to the mall for a bit (aww, bunnies are so cute), then came home, showered, and cooked dinner while R waited at his place, kept in the dark about what I was making. I made chicken broccoli alfredo and caramelized carrots. Neither is a particularly hard dish, but it was a little challenging cooking 5 things (pasta, chicken, broccoli, sauce, carrots) on 4 burners and having everything finish cooking at approximately the same time. But, with a little help from Liz on the carrots, it worked out marvelously well. I took the food and my bottle of Riesling down to R's apartment, where I found a single red rose, 3 varieties of chocolates, and a Bailey's gift box that comes with two Bailey's glasses :) Happy Cat :) The food and wine were good, and things were right with the world. Went back to my place to get ready for the play we went to at the Kitchen Theatre- a one-man Macbeth. The guy alternated between the original speeches and funny little side commentary. It was pretty good. R and I finished the evening by splitting one of my bottles of Pinot Noir. I don't know what it is, but I feel like my tolerance has gone down recently. I've just been generally tired a lot, too. Sleepy kitty. But it was a very good day. I think my favorite part was dinner- the yummy food and wine and being surprised with the gifts, especially the fitting Bailey's.
Today: PSP meetings, lab, dinner at Applebees with R. Later tonight: vanilla ice cream with Bailey's. mmmm...