Monday, January 12, 2004
This is cool: The Gender Genie. You give it a writing sample of around 500 words and it predicts whether you're male or female. I tested it out on six of my longer blog entries, and the only one it was wrong on was Dec 8, where I was really pissed off. I was hoping to discover an association between bad moods and it predicting that I was male, but no dice, grandma. The neat thing is that it can't recognize giveaway phrases such as, "I knew I was the perfect girlfriend!"; it relies on the frequencies of articles and other short words. Very neat.
Uh oh...I just ran the first paragraph of KalcKid's "Who me?" section. But in her, I mean his, defense, that wasn't at least 500 words long. So I ran through his Stump response to the question "so what are your future plans there?" Result: 1034 female, 1088 male. So the answer is male...barely :P
Now I want to test out everyone! Congrats, Liz, you're female (blog). Goo, you're male (blog). Ian is male as well (guestbook entry). Tessa: female (blog). Julie: female (blog). Scott: male (blog). So really this thing is pretty accurate, except for with Ryan. ???
Uh oh...I just ran the first paragraph of KalcKid's "Who me?" section. But in her, I mean his, defense, that wasn't at least 500 words long. So I ran through his Stump response to the question "so what are your future plans there?" Result: 1034 female, 1088 male. So the answer is male...barely :P
Now I want to test out everyone! Congrats, Liz, you're female (blog). Goo, you're male (blog). Ian is male as well (guestbook entry). Tessa: female (blog). Julie: female (blog). Scott: male (blog). So really this thing is pretty accurate, except for with Ryan. ???