Monday, January 12, 2004
La la la. Wasting time until Ryan gets back from his Utah trip so that I can give him a call. In a very exciting time wasting session, I got a new high score in the chicken game: 300100. Broke the 300K mark- woot!
Today was even more boring than yesterday. I didn't get out of the house at all. Slept in til 1:30, mostly watched TV and messed around on the computer. My mom was watching the news upstairs while I was watching the Simpsons downstairs. All of a sudden she yells, "Turn it to channel 5! Quick! Channel 5!" I thought there was a national emergency or someone we know on TV, but it turned out to be that a high school was having a competition where the students build trebuchets that fling tennis balls. All because I'd mentioned Ryan's trebuchet project. Geez, nearly gave me a heart attack.
I hope Ryan is back when I call, which will be about 11:30 his time. He says it's fine and that no one will be asleep, but I was raised thinking that calling after 9 is rude. I also hope they don't think I'm annoying, calling every night and all (I usually call because I have free nights on my cell). And calling immediately after he gets back from his ski trip- I don't want them to think that I'm clingy and have no patience. Yeah, yeah, I read way too far into simple things.
Today was even more boring than yesterday. I didn't get out of the house at all. Slept in til 1:30, mostly watched TV and messed around on the computer. My mom was watching the news upstairs while I was watching the Simpsons downstairs. All of a sudden she yells, "Turn it to channel 5! Quick! Channel 5!" I thought there was a national emergency or someone we know on TV, but it turned out to be that a high school was having a competition where the students build trebuchets that fling tennis balls. All because I'd mentioned Ryan's trebuchet project. Geez, nearly gave me a heart attack.
I hope Ryan is back when I call, which will be about 11:30 his time. He says it's fine and that no one will be asleep, but I was raised thinking that calling after 9 is rude. I also hope they don't think I'm annoying, calling every night and all (I usually call because I have free nights on my cell). And calling immediately after he gets back from his ski trip- I don't want them to think that I'm clingy and have no patience. Yeah, yeah, I read way too far into simple things.