Thursday, January 15, 2004
Blaaaaahhhh. Today was mostly a good day but the last few hours have been fairly stressful, finishing packing and taking care of loose ends. And we're leaving for the airport at 7 tomorrow morning, and it's already 12:30. But I wouldn't be able to sleep right now if I tried, so here I am.
My eye appointment was quick, as I expected. He just wanted to check that the soft contacts and my eyes were getting along. I'm going with the 2 week disposables. Then I went to the drugstore and got earplugs for the plane ride, as well as some easy plane reading: The King of Torts by John Grisham. And I got lip gloss that tastes like cake :) Really, just like white birthday cake. Hmm, birthday cake is good. I'd sure like to have birthday cake sometime in the near future ;)
Did laundry, talked to Ryan, talked to Tessa, packed. I think I talked Ryan into joining the poker club. He said something about wanting to program a poker simulation so that he could improve without playing against real people and losing money. Silly boy...I think a much more sane approach is for Liz, Demetri, and us to play some more practice rounds with imaginary money. So that'll be something to do this next week or two when it's too cold to go anywhere.
So I'm really excited to be going back, but the actual going itself is going to seem even longer than usual. And I'm not thrilled about the subzero temperatures, either. I swear the cold weather is following me around- when there was the heat wave on the east coast was when we had snow here, but now that it's mild here I am going to freeze to death walking from the terminal to the parking lot in Syracuse. Will I need to wear my old red coat over my new one? The coldest I've been in so far was about 5 degrees during freshman year. But tomorrow is supposed to have a low of -10?! Gaaaah!
My eye appointment was quick, as I expected. He just wanted to check that the soft contacts and my eyes were getting along. I'm going with the 2 week disposables. Then I went to the drugstore and got earplugs for the plane ride, as well as some easy plane reading: The King of Torts by John Grisham. And I got lip gloss that tastes like cake :) Really, just like white birthday cake. Hmm, birthday cake is good. I'd sure like to have birthday cake sometime in the near future ;)
Did laundry, talked to Ryan, talked to Tessa, packed. I think I talked Ryan into joining the poker club. He said something about wanting to program a poker simulation so that he could improve without playing against real people and losing money. Silly boy...I think a much more sane approach is for Liz, Demetri, and us to play some more practice rounds with imaginary money. So that'll be something to do this next week or two when it's too cold to go anywhere.
So I'm really excited to be going back, but the actual going itself is going to seem even longer than usual. And I'm not thrilled about the subzero temperatures, either. I swear the cold weather is following me around- when there was the heat wave on the east coast was when we had snow here, but now that it's mild here I am going to freeze to death walking from the terminal to the parking lot in Syracuse. Will I need to wear my old red coat over my new one? The coldest I've been in so far was about 5 degrees during freshman year. But tomorrow is supposed to have a low of -10?! Gaaaah!