Monday, December 08, 2003
What a spectacularly shitty day. But I'll start with the rest of Saturday and work my way to today.
So Saturday afternoon me and Liz went to the mall and Wegman's. Our main reason for going to the mall was so that I could buy a dress for the formal. Luckily they had a few good ones at the Bon Ton, and Liz even bought one when she didn't need to. I'll post pictures when I get them back. Then we had a successful trip to Wegman's, which means that for the first time in a month I have more than just pasta in the apartment. Had to feed fish, as usual. Then Saturday night was the hockey game against Harvard. Whereas at the other hockey games I've been eager to leave by about the end of the second period, I enjoyed the whole thing this time. Not only was the crowd fired up- the whole pace of the game seemed twice as fast as usual. And it was really close, which kept everyone's interest. When we scored the only and winning goal, Tones hugged me from behind so enthusiastically that it knocked me over and into Jamie, who fell down. But no one was hurt. Later that night we had a few people over for drinks and hanging out, which was fun, but kept me up until 2:30.
Sunday I had to get up at 10 for PSP ceremonies on North: Induction, Officer Transition, and Alumni Ceremony. Most of us stayed for lunch at North Star, which was nice. Fed fish again, went home and finished cleaning the kitchen to get ready for the formal afterparty. Took an unsatisfying 30 minute nap, then a shower, then got ready for the formal.
The formal. Ryan was awarded a Service Key, and I'm really proud of him for that. I think that most people had a good time, but that's getting lost in financial issues. Since Ryan's happiness depends on the state of the fraternity and my happiness depends on his, the afterparty wasn't as much fun as it should've been. I sort of sulked and hid in my room for the first hour and a half. Then I went out to the kitchen, cheered up, and drank a lot :/ I did have a lot of fun in the last hour, which helped make up for the beginning of the party.
Had one of the worst nights of "sleep" ever, though, but it was mainly due to external factors rather than my own drunkenness. I wouldn't consider myself to have had too much last night, but I guess it depends on your definition of too much. Anyway, woke up with a hangover and then had to attempt to deal with some unpleasant things. Not fun. I talked to Liz and Dan for a little bit, which made me feel a little better, then took a two hour nap. Fed fish again (really looking forward to break in that respect), cleaned up the kitchen a little, and here I am. Hangover is subsiding...think I'll take a shower to wash the rest away.
So Saturday afternoon me and Liz went to the mall and Wegman's. Our main reason for going to the mall was so that I could buy a dress for the formal. Luckily they had a few good ones at the Bon Ton, and Liz even bought one when she didn't need to. I'll post pictures when I get them back. Then we had a successful trip to Wegman's, which means that for the first time in a month I have more than just pasta in the apartment. Had to feed fish, as usual. Then Saturday night was the hockey game against Harvard. Whereas at the other hockey games I've been eager to leave by about the end of the second period, I enjoyed the whole thing this time. Not only was the crowd fired up- the whole pace of the game seemed twice as fast as usual. And it was really close, which kept everyone's interest. When we scored the only and winning goal, Tones hugged me from behind so enthusiastically that it knocked me over and into Jamie, who fell down. But no one was hurt. Later that night we had a few people over for drinks and hanging out, which was fun, but kept me up until 2:30.
Sunday I had to get up at 10 for PSP ceremonies on North: Induction, Officer Transition, and Alumni Ceremony. Most of us stayed for lunch at North Star, which was nice. Fed fish again, went home and finished cleaning the kitchen to get ready for the formal afterparty. Took an unsatisfying 30 minute nap, then a shower, then got ready for the formal.
The formal. Ryan was awarded a Service Key, and I'm really proud of him for that. I think that most people had a good time, but that's getting lost in financial issues. Since Ryan's happiness depends on the state of the fraternity and my happiness depends on his, the afterparty wasn't as much fun as it should've been. I sort of sulked and hid in my room for the first hour and a half. Then I went out to the kitchen, cheered up, and drank a lot :/ I did have a lot of fun in the last hour, which helped make up for the beginning of the party.
Had one of the worst nights of "sleep" ever, though, but it was mainly due to external factors rather than my own drunkenness. I wouldn't consider myself to have had too much last night, but I guess it depends on your definition of too much. Anyway, woke up with a hangover and then had to attempt to deal with some unpleasant things. Not fun. I talked to Liz and Dan for a little bit, which made me feel a little better, then took a two hour nap. Fed fish again (really looking forward to break in that respect), cleaned up the kitchen a little, and here I am. Hangover is subsiding...think I'll take a shower to wash the rest away.