Wednesday, December 31, 2003
VH1's I love the 70's are dangerously addictive. Today I watched 78, 79, 70, 71, 71, 73, 75, 76 and half of each 74 and 77. Shit. That's all of them. When did that happen? 9 hours of VH1? Daaaaamn. Read a tiny bit and played a couple rounds of the Chicken Game, but most of my time was spent snuggled up in front of the TV with Trogdor the dragon-cat.
Ryan wrote me a poem :) No, you don't get to read it. But the theme was "I miss you" and it included the line, "I miss burninating with Trogdor." He's got more verbal skills than his engineering status would suggest...anyone who can seamlessly add something about burninating to a love poem has got skills. It had me smiling all day :)
Also had a two hour phone conversation with him (Ryan, not Trogdor...though I have been talking to Trogdor a lot lately). Pretty impressive, considering that usually he has forgotten that phones exist. One topic of conversation was my surprise birthday party. Y'all make arrangements to be in Ithaca on January 19.
We actually have snow here, which is pretty unusual since we're at sea level. About 3 inches so far and it's still coming down fast. Hope the snow doesn't interfere with any New Years plans that Tessa and I come up with tomorrow morning...since snow is rare here the plows are few and far between, plus people don't drive so well in it. I was kinda hoping to go to the Space Needle again for the countdown. Guess we'll wait and see what the roads are like tomorrow.
Ryan wrote me a poem :) No, you don't get to read it. But the theme was "I miss you" and it included the line, "I miss burninating with Trogdor." He's got more verbal skills than his engineering status would suggest...anyone who can seamlessly add something about burninating to a love poem has got skills. It had me smiling all day :)
Also had a two hour phone conversation with him (Ryan, not Trogdor...though I have been talking to Trogdor a lot lately). Pretty impressive, considering that usually he has forgotten that phones exist. One topic of conversation was my surprise birthday party. Y'all make arrangements to be in Ithaca on January 19.
We actually have snow here, which is pretty unusual since we're at sea level. About 3 inches so far and it's still coming down fast. Hope the snow doesn't interfere with any New Years plans that Tessa and I come up with tomorrow morning...since snow is rare here the plows are few and far between, plus people don't drive so well in it. I was kinda hoping to go to the Space Needle again for the countdown. Guess we'll wait and see what the roads are like tomorrow.