Wednesday, December 24, 2003
So I just helped my brother make a Christmas card for his girlfriend (the one who's getting the Google kisses). We (I) cut out a snowflake out of wrapping paper to glue on the front, then made a pop-up snowflake for inside. I joked, "You should write, 'Dear Karen, It's snow much fun spending time with you.'" He liked the pun and she already knows he's a goofball, so we adapted it to, "There's snow place I'd rather be on Christmas Eve than with you." Aww. At least someone is having a good Christmas. She's getting a windchime, book, and keychain flashlight.
Ryan: "Keychain flashlight? That's not very romantic."
Cat: "Well I don't remember getting anything from you!"
Today I distracted myself out of the house. Went to the mall even though it was a zoo and just walked around, not really shopping. Then I went to Linens N Things and just walked around, imagining I had a house of my own to decorate. Picked up some wrapping supplies for my brother, and headed home. Watched some cheesy 1949 Christmas movie, helped make the card, and here I am.
Ryan: "Keychain flashlight? That's not very romantic."
Cat: "Well I don't remember getting anything from you!"
Today I distracted myself out of the house. Went to the mall even though it was a zoo and just walked around, not really shopping. Then I went to Linens N Things and just walked around, imagining I had a house of my own to decorate. Picked up some wrapping supplies for my brother, and headed home. Watched some cheesy 1949 Christmas movie, helped make the card, and here I am.