Saturday, December 20, 2003
Oh my god. I hate traveling. 14 hours from the time I left my apartment til we pulled into the driveway at home. 3:00 EST: me and Ryan left for the airport. 4:45: checked in at airport. 6:00 flight was delayed til 6:40, so we arrived in Cincinnati late and I was worried about making my connection since I only had 15 minutes til the flight to Seattle left and I had to take a shuttle bus to a different terminal. Then my boarding pass had the wrong gate listed on it, so at first I was running in the wrong direction through the airport. Once I checked the monitors to find out where I had to go, I ran there to find that that flight was going to be an hour and a half late. So instead of leaving Cin. at 9 EST and arriving in Seattle at 11 PST (2 EST), we left at 10:30 PST and arrived at 12:30 PST (3:30 EST). My brother met me at the baggage claim, then drove me home. We pulled into the driveway at 2 PST (5 EST) and I went to sleep at 3 (6). Got about 9 hours of sleep until I was awoken by sunlight through my window and bickering family members. Mom: "What are you talking about? We weren't bickering." Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that all of your conversations sound like bickering. Because they are."
While I was waiting for my Syracuse flight I just flipped through magazines. At the beginning of the flight I started reading The Hobbit. I finished with an hour and a half left in my Cin-Seattle flight, then tried to take a nap. Wasn't too successful because the of the noise of the jet engines. Some aerospace person who's taken some sort of propulsion course should design a quieter jet engine (hint, hint).
A lot of stuff has changed at home in the last year- well, it's still the same backwards place, but with different crap lying around. New computer, dishwasher, etc. But then in a way it doesn't seem like I ever left. But I feel like my apartment is my home now. It was very comforting to sign on to AIM (after taking 12 minutes to download on dial-up >:( ) and see my buddy list show up, even if not a whole lot of people are online. If you see me online, talk to me! I won't be on as much as in Ithaca, but I'm not gone.
While I was waiting for my Syracuse flight I just flipped through magazines. At the beginning of the flight I started reading The Hobbit. I finished with an hour and a half left in my Cin-Seattle flight, then tried to take a nap. Wasn't too successful because the of the noise of the jet engines. Some aerospace person who's taken some sort of propulsion course should design a quieter jet engine (hint, hint).
A lot of stuff has changed at home in the last year- well, it's still the same backwards place, but with different crap lying around. New computer, dishwasher, etc. But then in a way it doesn't seem like I ever left. But I feel like my apartment is my home now. It was very comforting to sign on to AIM (after taking 12 minutes to download on dial-up >:( ) and see my buddy list show up, even if not a whole lot of people are online. If you see me online, talk to me! I won't be on as much as in Ithaca, but I'm not gone.