<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Ho hum. So my Bonding final was easy, as predicted...shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but I smell an A+. It's really quite ridiculous that I get 3 credits for that class when you compare it to my Developmental Bio class that's also 3 credits but about 10 times as hard. Grrr. Anyway, 3 finals left: Nutrition at 3 on Tuesday (pass/fail...only studying that morning), Animal Behavior at 9 on Thursday, and Development at 12 on Friday. Then I fly out of Syracuse at 6 pm on Friday. Gaaaah!

I don't like going home much. A week or so would be okay- see some people/goldfish, check out what's changed in the neighborhood, pick up and drop off stuff...but nearly a month makes me depressed. I get so bored, and it's like going back in time to a less evolved state of being: bickering family members, no one to hang out with, dial-up internet (like going back to the Stone Age, I tell you!), and oh yeah, bickering family members.

To deal with the stress of being at home in the past, I've developed little obsessions to distract me. Freshman year I became engrossed in jigsaw puzzles, working on them for hours every day, doing some of them multiple times. Sophomore year I was on a John Grisham kick- I hadn't read any of his books before, but over break I pretty much read all of them, usually finishing them in two days each. Guess I didn't really have an obsession last winter break; just watched a helluva lot of TV.

This break I've got a few plans. I need to work on my fish project (:/), get some old pictures together and make a nice autobiography section for the website, hang out with Tessa, look for a job/jobs for next year (:/), miss Ryan (:/) go running, go to the ocean with my mom, maybe go to the Space Needle for New Years (that was fun last year), drive, go shopping, go to the optometrist, go to the dentist, get my wisdom teeth out (:/). At the very best break will be okay; it's highly unlikely that it'll be great. I'm gonna be Kalcless in Seattle :(

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?