Monday, November 03, 2003
Things are good. Got a prelim out of the way today, and also took the practice bio GRE that I got in the mail...98th percentile:) So yeah, not really gonna study for that, other than going through the questions I got wrong so I can learn from my mistakes. Cornell may kick your ass sometimes, but it prepares you well for these sorts of things. Makes me feel a smidgen less bitter about all the pain and suffering that's gone into my education.
My weekend was really good. Halloween party on Friday- decided to go as a bad fairy in a red dress instead of a good fairy in a blue dress. Left kinda early since I wasn't feeling very well, but had an excellent picture taken with Neo...err, Ryan. Of the costumes at the party, Dan's "psycho chef" was my favorite. What can I say? The Assassins umpire loves her blood and guts, and knives that make scary noises.
Saturday I didn't get out of bed til late. Talked to Tessa (and got her to sign the guestbook) and went to the mall. Watched part of the Princess Bride, then went to bed. Fun, fun.
Sunday: oodles of PSP. The word "oodles" really should be used more often. Yeah... housing committee meeting, long general meeting, committee chair meeting. Then studied for my behavior prelim. Ok, so Sunday wasn't quite as much fun as the rest of the weekend. Oh yeah, and it was Christ's birthday...and she found out that she got into Tulane Med! :) So happy birthday and congrats to her!
I really can't believe how quick the semester has flown by. Really need to start emailing individual grad school profs...and now that I'm not cramming for the bio GRE I don't have a legitimate excuse! Maybe I'll start later this week, but tonight is poker and I deserve a break after today's test-taking.
My weekend was really good. Halloween party on Friday- decided to go as a bad fairy in a red dress instead of a good fairy in a blue dress. Left kinda early since I wasn't feeling very well, but had an excellent picture taken with Neo...err, Ryan. Of the costumes at the party, Dan's "psycho chef" was my favorite. What can I say? The Assassins umpire loves her blood and guts, and knives that make scary noises.
Saturday I didn't get out of bed til late. Talked to Tessa (and got her to sign the guestbook) and went to the mall. Watched part of the Princess Bride, then went to bed. Fun, fun.
Sunday: oodles of PSP. The word "oodles" really should be used more often. Yeah... housing committee meeting, long general meeting, committee chair meeting. Then studied for my behavior prelim. Ok, so Sunday wasn't quite as much fun as the rest of the weekend. Oh yeah, and it was Christ's birthday...and she found out that she got into Tulane Med! :) So happy birthday and congrats to her!
I really can't believe how quick the semester has flown by. Really need to start emailing individual grad school profs...and now that I'm not cramming for the bio GRE I don't have a legitimate excuse! Maybe I'll start later this week, but tonight is poker and I deserve a break after today's test-taking.